View Single Post
October 22nd, 2007, 02:34 PM
B & E complete me.
On Thursday morning around 6:00 a.m. (10/18) I woke up when DH left for work and there was a good amount of watery fluid when I stood up. I thought it could be my water but decided to go back to bed. I got up an hour later and had the same fluid and got really excited. I just knew Bryson was finally coming. I got things ready for the hospital and told my mom she should go to work with me just in case. Right before leaving for work I went to the bathroom again and there was bloody show. I was ecstatic! I called my doctor's office when I got in to work and they had me come right in. They confirmed it was my water and sent me on my way to the hospital. I got there around 1:00 p.m. and they immediately wanted me to take pitocin because I was only having a few painless contractions but I refused it until 12 hours had passed. So we just sat there from 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. playing games and chatting until they started the pitocin at 6:30. I finally started having painful contractions around 9:00 p.m. and by midnight I was in a lot of pain but was dealing well. I had them check my cervix at midnight and was a bit disappointed to find that I was only 4 cm. By 4:00 a.m. I thought I wasn't going to be able to take the pain any longer and was seriously considering taking the epidural. I had been up almost 24 hours and could hardly think straight from being so tired when the contractions came. Some were coming less than a minute apart and even slowing down the pitocin wasn't helping to space them at all. At 5:00 a.m. I had them check my cervix again. I had decided if I wasn't at least 8 cm I was going to have to take some pain medication so I could rest. To our delight I was 9 cm!! I knew I could do it then. Around 6:30 a.m. I felt like I had to push and that's when I got really focused and prepared myself for what was to come. After pushing for over an hour my water officially broke and that was a huge relief!! It actually burst out across the room and splattered all over the wall! By 9:00 a.m. I felt like I was having an out of body experience. I was pushing with all of my strength and knew it was almost over. It was so intense!! When Bryson crowned I thought I was going to lose it. I actually asked the doctor to pull him out. The burning sensation that I felt was the most insane thing I have ever felt in my entire life. With the next contraction his head popped out and I actually reached down to pull him out myself because I wanted him out of me so badly! DH was quick enough to grab my hands though and the doctors took it from there. He was placed immediately on my belly and was beautiful!!! I still can't believe I did it without pain medications. DH says I'm his hero now.

Bryson Thomas was born at 9:22 a.m. on October 19, 2007. He weighed 9 lbs. 10 oz. and was 22 inches long. I had no idea my body could produce such a big baby! I will post pictures soon.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!