Topic: How has...
View Single Post
November 2nd, 2007, 10:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to TheyGrowLikeWeeds
Since I'm trying to become pregnant, my doctor does not want me on any meds. He did want me to be on Copaxone since that drugs is the only one that has not shown complications in pregnant rats. The molecules are too big to get into breast milk as well when that time comes. But, I became so allergic to the medicine, I can no longer be on that drug. I went into anaphylactic shock...not a good thing! So the other CRABs (minus the 'c') have shown to not be good so with those prone to miscarriage. Though, normally just stopping any of those meds when one finds out they are pregnant is fine, my doctor didn't want to take any risks. So, I'm off all meds until I'm done pursuing my family attempts.

I was going to try Avonex at one point, but I got pregnant before I was able to start. I've also been on Rebif. That's ok. The shots do sting a little, but I'm used to that. I don't get the welts like I did with Copaxone, and it's not as common to have welts anyhow with Rebif...

I'm fine with all that. The longer I'm off those shots, the happier I am . But I'll take them when I am told to start on them again. I've been off meds now for almost a year. I consider myself lucky!

I love my Peanut M&Ms Cameron & Kiefer!!Eliza's Blog