View Single Post
November 2nd, 2007, 08:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
First of all, I actually managed to get my house reasonably clean before the midwives came today. YAY for that!!

We got to meet the new senior midwife we'll be working with - I like her SO much better than the old one! She was so, so sweet, I'm thrilled to have her instead (she has SEVEN children, all of them born at home, so I'm pretty comfortable that she knows what to expect!) - and of course, my regular m/w that I already adore. So, there's one less thing to stress over. She was completely comfortable with every single thing I told her, unlike the old one that immediately dredged up the worst case scenario in every incidence for me to worry about.

The thing I'm MOST happy about is that Amelia has finally wiggled her little booty around where she should be, so she's head down and ready to go! They don't seem to think she'll be in a big hurry since Rachael wasn't...but I can dream, right? As soon as I finish unpacking all these baby clothes, I'm ready... They estimated that she's about seven pounds now, which would make her about the same size Rachael was if she comes right around her due date. She seems to have dropped a little too - I can't tell it, but fundal height was a little smaller than at our last visit, and it's hard to argue with that. I don't suppose she's shrinking in there or anything.

Oh, and while she was feeling around and telling me where all the little parts were, she said I was having good, and pretty regular, contractions. I've yet to feel one, but she said it was most likely happening a lot, not just because she was mashing on my belly. So, hooray for not feeling 'em!

She also recommended getting some raspberry leaf tea and starting to drink a pitcher every day or two - said that it conditions the uterus for labor, makes the contractions less painful, etc. So yeah, I'm definitely heading out in the morning to get some of that!!

Doing the every week thing now, so I'll see them again next Thursday... Just had to share my update, I'm THRILLED to know that my girly is head down now instead of in some funky half-transverse position. I've really been stressing about that since our last visit!