View Single Post
November 5th, 2007, 12:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've been so busy *physically* preparing for our home birth - getting all the supplies ready, cleaning the house (not that it'll ever be "clean enough"), filling up on EPO and raspberry leaf tea, etc. - that I've only just started thinking about preparing emotionally about what's to come. And I have no idea where to begin.

To be perfectly honest, I am very stressed right now - a family issue that's just resurfaced, and I can't see it being resolved before our little girl is ready to make her entrance. So, on top of that, now I'm worried about how the additional stress might affect her birth.

I've told DH that I refuse to put myself unnecessarily into stressful situations this month - but that's hard to do when you live with it. So, any tips on de-stressing when you're surrounded by it, in order to prepare yourself emotionally?

I have been SO looking forward to having my little girl at home, for all these months...and now that I'm just three weeks from my due date, I'm feeling more scared and apprehensive about the whole thing. I guess it could be just that the time is so close now, but I really feel that it's more stress-related than anything.