Topic: question
View Single Post
January 12th, 2005, 05:44 PM
Regular
I have sooo many questions right now, and I'm not wanting to talk to anyone about them really, I'm needing an objective opinion.

Here's the situation...I'm 23 years old, 24 next week, and I've recently found out that I am pregnant. First question, I am a smoker, I'm 8 weeks along and smoked about 12 a day until a couple of days ago. I know people who haven't known they were pregnant until month4 and they were doing all sorts of stuff until they found out, their babies were healthy. I'm worried about that, and other things...

I am not married but have known my BF for 10 years. His family is being extremely unsupportive, and has no resorted to talking about me and the baby behind my back. At first they were rude to me, now they're just terrible behind my back. They have said incredible things. My BF really wants this child and is excited but seems to be making no effort whatsoever at improving his situation, to make things easier on us when this baby gets here. He won't improve the situation with his folks, his financial situation, his sense of responsibility seems to be going downhill. He constantly wants to day dream about being a father, but isn't thinking realistically about what "being a father" is going to take. When I try to mention these things he either gets really mad, or he talks baby talk to me and tells me that "it's okay that I'm having mood swings and I'm sensitive right now". HE DOESN'T GET IT!!

I have thought about all of my options and I am concerned about having this child because of our situation. I know it's not the baby's fault, but I still have mixed emotions about it. I am tired of BF's excuses, and don't know what to do about them. I have concerns about "co-parenting" this baby. I don't know what a split family situation is going to do to the child. I'm not from a split family, and I have very few friends who are(I'm from a very small town)...the ones I know that have split families I met in college. so I'm extremely unfamiliar with how a child is reared in that environment.

I'm just very confused right now. I need some advice from someone who has been there, or anyone who can offer some. It's just a miserable situation, and I'm very concerned about bringing a baby into it.

Thanks for listening! All words of wisdom will be greatly appreciated!!