View Single Post
December 5th, 2007, 09:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My mother and a good friend of mine each bought us an ornament that has Bryan Luke's name on it. Those are very special to me.

My husband and I decided to "adopt" a little boy who is in Child Protective Services and buy gifts for him. DHR does this each year here. Most of the kids in CPS won't get much if anything for Christmas (the foster homes are just too stretched... some are in orphanges too), so they ask people in the community to buy gifts for them... a lot like the angel tree. This year we got a boy that is 10 months old... so he is older than Bryan Luke obviously, but he was the youngest boy they had. So it was a lot like buying gifts for our son. We plan to do this each year and try to get a boy who is close to the age Bryan Luke should be. I found it highly gratifying and comforting.

We will also have a candle lit for him all day on Christmas. We did that on Thanksgiving and it was a great way to keep him a part of the family. I put a little elephant stuffed animal beside it, because that was his toy I'd bought for him.

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!