Topic: New Here
View Single Post
December 6th, 2007, 02:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My daughter, Danika is 8 months old. She's been in the 20th-25th percentile for weight and 50th for height since she was born. Her birth weight was 6lbs 9oz and she was 21 inches long.

At 6 months weighed 14 lbs and was 26 in.
Now is she is 8 months old, weighs 14lbs 7oz and is 26.5 in. She only gained 7 oz in 2 months. She is now in the 5th percentile for weight and 10th for height. My heart sank when I checked her status on the chart. Granted, she started crawling and burns more calories.

I didn't breast feed her. I did pump for nearly 4 weeks but didn't have enough supply. She drinks formula and has been on babyfood since 5 months, which she hated and now seems to like it better than formula. She will only eat barley cereal, no rice or oatmeal. She only gets 16-22 ounces of formula a day. She refuses to eat more. Some days she'll eat a 4 ounce bottles at one time, but most of the time I can't get her to eat more than 2 or 3 ounces.

The dr mentioned that we need to feed her more often since she is a snacker and try to feed her an ounce to two ounces every hour and eventually start adding things like butter or olive oil to her food to get her to gain weight. I did try pasta yesterday mixed with a little olive oil and some sweet potatoes. She would not eat it. She screamed!!

I was also told to try not to feed her in the middle of the night... but that is really the only time she'll eat a full 4 ounce bottle. The dr said that if I push the night time feeding off til 5 or 6 am then she will be more hungry during the day and eat more.

I really am not sure what to do. She was eating 3-4 ounces every 2.5 to 3 hours but now her appetite has dimished some. She eats about 2-3 ounces every 2.5 to 3 hrs. I think it's because she's gotten more busy and is on the go all the time... she is definitely a curious crawler.

Everyone comments on how little she is.
I seem to be more worried than my dr. BUt when she was diagnosed with torticollis and plagiocephally the dr's didn't show much concern and now we are on 4.5 months of PT and have been told she'll need at least 3 more months once a week. So, when the dr's act nonchalant I don't know what to believe.

Do any of you give infant vitamins? The dr said I could start them since she isn't getting her daily amount from formula. What brand do you use if you do give them?

anyway... that's what's going on. Thanks for listening.

Check out Danika's website!

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4pQs8L/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>