View Single Post
  #1  
January 16th, 2005, 10:51 PM
Zanahoria's Avatar
Zanahoria Zanahoria is offline
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 4,418
I just can't stand it... I'm only 2.5 weeks pregnant (4.5 since LMP, I don't know why they calculate those 2 weeks into the pregnancy but anyway) and I only found out I'm pregnant a few days ago, but I'm SO eager to get into the second trimester! It kind of sucks knowing I've got this wonderful little life inside me, but I'm not able to feel it in any way. I'm also extremely apprehensive about the possibility of miscarriage. Isn't it something like 1 in 4? I know that gives me a 75% chance of a healthy pregnancy, but that 25% seems so gigantic now and I'm absolutely terrified of it. I let out a sigh of relief every time I go to the bathroom and don't see any traces of blood on the toilet paper. I know the baby is a long way off from being able to hear me (heck, it doesn't even have a heart or brain yet according to the preg calendar) but I still talk to it daily and tell it to really hang on in there! lol, I'm a nutcase. I want to go shopping for baby stuff so bad too! Everytime I pass the baby section at Wal-Mart during our weekly grocery trip, I stare longingly at the little onesies and tiny shoes and stuff (I've been doing this before I was pregnant too) and I want so much to start buying some cute stuff, but I also don't want to do this until the second trimester when the miscarriage rate is reduced to almost nothing. My SO is excited and telling everyone he knows the good news, and I'm apprehensive about that because if something happens, that's just more people we have to tell bad news to. Bah, mid-March just needs to hurry up and get here, that's all.

Anyone else having all kinds of concerns and just plain feeling icky about the first trimester? Or am I just a worry-wart who needs to chill the [blank] out!
__________________
Reply With Quote