View Single Post
December 30th, 2007, 02:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to BLUDOLPHIN
i had an ob appt on wed at 4. i was 3cm dilated and almost 95% effaced so the dr tried to strip my membranes. afterwards seth, sophia and i went to dinner and then to wal-mart to walk around a little. when we got home we gave sophia a bath and put her to bed. since i was contracting all the while we were out and getting her ready for bed we started to time them around 7:45pm. we timed them for around an hour and a half and they were on average about 4 minutes apart so we called the dr and they told us to come into the hospital. we got there around 9:30pm on wed and i was then almost 4 cm dilated and still 95% effaced. so they had me walk the halls off and on till about 2:30am when i was checked again and i was 5cm dilated and 100% effaced. i walked and rested off and on for the remainder of the night- till 9:30 thursday morning when they finally broke my water. i walked a little more, took a shower and then i REALLY needed the epidural. so seth had the nurse call anesthesia and i got my epi. a little over an hour after i got the epi i started feeling a ton of pressure. the midwife came in to check me and his head was right there!!!!
i pushed 3 times for a total of 5 minutes of pushing and little Ryan Thomas was born at 12:43pm on Thursday Dec 27, 2007!
he weighed 6lbs, 11oz - was 19 1/4 inches long and he is perfectly healthy!!!

Sophia seems to be adjusting well to being a big sister. whenever Ryan cries she tries to soothe him by giving him his binkie or sharing her Elmo doll with him!

Ryan's first pics- 12.27.07:

Mommy, Daddy, Ryan & big sis Sophia pics- 12.27.07 & 12.28.07:

Ryan going home from the hospital- 12.29.07: