Topic: Introductions
View Single Post
January 6th, 2008, 11:54 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to tinkymom3 Send a message via Yahoo to tinkymom3
Quote:
Hi all, my name is Raquel, my DH and I lost our son Aries almost 6months ago at 24wks 1day. To say the least this has been hell on our family. Right now we are TTC another but haven't been having the best of luck, just found out that now I'm not ovulating and with my next cycle I start clomid.

We do have 3 other children, Anthony, Alexis and Aiden. I look foward to getting to know you all, although I see some familiar people.....HI June, HI Jennifer!!!![/b]

Hello Raquel, my name is stephanie and I too lost a child.. Noah Allen was stillborn at 37 weeks, I have since given him 2 baby brothers... I'm so sorry for your loss sweetie and I will pray for you as you start your journey with trying to get blessed with another miracle

Quote:
Hi everyone, and I'm so sorry for all your losses. Sending you all big !

I've already written a bit about myself in some other posts, but I guess I'll be more comprehensive here.

We found out last May at 20w that our baby had anencephaly, a severe neural tube defect where the brain doesn't develop past the brain stem. Our doctor explained she would die either before birth, during labor, or shortly following birth.

We were absolutely devastated. We had been TTC for three years, then had a m/c, and then this news. We are Catholic, and our faith helped us tremendously. We had very good support from most of our family and friends. Our doctor is fabulous and very supportive.

We were sent to a high-risk clinic for a level II to confirm the diagnosis, and also to talk with a perinatologist. Awful, awful experience. While it was nice to see our baby again, and find out she was a girl, and get some pictures, the doctor afterwards tried to talk us into aborting. That was completely out of the question. Just because my baby wasn't "perfect", I wasn't going to end her life that was already going to be so short.

We had ten weeks after that to "get to know her", just care for and love her, and celebrate her little life. She was and is so incredibly special to me. My first daughter.

We decided at one point we were naming her Grace Therese. Grace, because above all we felt God's grace helping us get through, and Therese for St. Therese, a beautiful little soul who, though she had a lot of limitations, loved God in her own little way. We felt that this was appropriate because our baby touched so many lives, even with her short time on earth.

If you'd like to read more about our journey with Grace, you can read about her on our website that we created to update friends and family: Gracie's website

Two and a half months after delivering our Gracie, we conceived the baby I am now carrying. This was a pure gift from God and a miracle. We hadn't been able to conceive naturally before. I had never ovulated without the help of Clomid before. We think it's because my body went through a pregnancy... something about carrying and delivering Gracie helped my body kick into gear! If I ever see that high-risk doctor who told me to abort my daughter, I am telling her straight to her face that her advice could have cost us not one but TWO babies.

We had our diagnostic ultrasound two weeks ago, and this baby does not have anencephaly. Everything looks very healthy. We are very relieved and happy!

Sorry this was long. I am glad to see that this board was created, though I'm sorry that anyone has any need to come here. Thanks for listening/reading.

Liz[/b]

Thank you for sharing your story sweetie, very beautiful... I'm so sorry for your loss and look forward to getting to know you and hear updates on your new little miracle.. God Bless.

Quote:
Hello everybody. I wrote an intro somewhere else but will but it here too. My husband and I lost our precious little Emma Grace at 22 weeks. We found out at our 19 weeks scan that something was wrong. They then sent us for a level II u/s and gave us the devastating news about our little girl. She had severe Hydrocephalus and only a partial brain. She had more fluid in her head then brain tissue. She also had a chromosomal problem. It was the chromosomal problem that caused everything else.

We came to find out that my Husband has a chromosomal defect with his chromosome #3. This also explains our miscarriages. This pregnancy I am on now is pregnancy #5. I got PG again only one cycle after I lost Emma Grace. I miss her daily but also have my fingers crossed that I bring this little one I am carrying now home.[/b]

Anissa I love your angel's name, so beautiful!!!!! I'm so sorry to hear her story, she was a strong angel from day one and I know your so proud... I look forward to hearing updates on your new miracle and look forward to getting to know you better. My name is Stephanie and I lost my first and only child at the time, Noah Allen was stillborn at 37 weeks

Quote:
Hello everybody. I wrote an intro somewhere else but will but it here too. My husband and I lost our precious little Emma Grace at 22 weeks. We found out at our 19 weeks scan that something was wrong. They then sent us for a level II u/s and gave us the devastating news about our little girl. She had severe Hydrocephalus and only a partial brain. She had more fluid in her head then brain tissue. She also had a chromosomal problem. It was the chromosomal problem that caused everything else.

We came to find out that my Husband has a chromosomal defect with his chromosome #3. This also explains our miscarriages. This pregnancy I am on now is pregnancy #5. I got PG again only one cycle after I lost Emma Grace. I miss her daily but also have my fingers crossed that I bring this little one I am carrying now home.[/b]

Anissa I love your angel's name, so beautiful!!!!! I'm so sorry to hear her story, she was a strong angel from day one and I know your so proud... I look forward to hearing updates on your new miracle and look forward to getting to know you better. My name is Stephanie and I lost my first and only child at the time, Noah Allen was stillborn at 37 weeks

Quote:
Hi, can I join this group? my daughter wasn't actualy born still, she lived for 40 minutes although she looked still unless looking closly.

Like Liz my daughter Elizabeth Joy also had anencephaly. I Don't find many people posting on boards who have had a baby with this birth defect. We found out at the 19 week scan and carried till 33 weeks when I developed polyhydramicus (high fluid) and had my first of 3 ceasers.

I got pregnant 3 months after Elizabeth and had our daughter sarah, who is now 4 and last year had our son Daniel who is now 17 months.[/b]

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss sweetie, and CONGRATS on your other little miracles.... I do not see why you can not join us here, a loss is a loss no matter how big, small, or what the circumstances are, we are all feeling the same pain.... I lost my first and only child at the time, Noah was stillborn at 37 weeks on 09-21-02 and I have since gone on to give him 2 little brothers... Cameren is 4 and Jayden is 2

Quote:
Hi, my name is Tracey and it has been almost 12 years since I lost my son Christian. I was 27 1/2 weeks pregnant when I went into premature labor at 19. My precious baby boy only survived for 3 days before passing. I was married to a loser and his psycho mother (Christian's very own Grandmother) got angry at us one day over something my ex did and threw our stuff out of the house. Before we could get home the garbage truck had collected our things - including my suitcase which I had the only picture of Christian alive right after I gave birth on a certificate with his foot prints framed in a sterling silver frame my mother had given me!! I have nothing from my pregnancy with Christian. All I have are my memories. Thank goodness we (my exhusband and I) had taken Christian's remains to be buried with my ex's Grandfather in New York. I'm heartsick knowing the only physical thing I had is gone. I also M/C March 17, 2004 at 7 weeks.[/b]

First off I have to say, what a Bitc* for what she did, how dare her.. I'm so sorry, I could never imagine lossing Noah's things **ugh** shame on her..... I'm so sorry for your loss sweetie.

[quote]
Hi ladies!

My name is Amanda, and I lost my little girl Healie Marie 3 weeks ago. I was at 23 weeks and 1 day. She was born still, after going into pre-term labor. She couldn't even take a single breath

I am still very sad and I cry day after day.

God bless you ladies!
[/q

Welcome Amanda.... What a beautiful name for your daughter ((hugs)) I'm so sorry you foud us but happy you did do that we may help you through your journey... I lost my first and only child at the time at 37 weeks, he was stillborn. Welcome