View Single Post
January 8th, 2008, 09:38 AM
Send a message via MSN to snowflake.girl
Quote:
How old is your daughter that she's drinking Pediasure instead of formula and not taking any solids? Is she too young for solids or is there some other reason she's not taking them?

We're using the Walgreens brand of Ensure for my 2 year old. He only likes the vanilla flavor and we have to mix it with milk or yogurt drink (Yo Baby bannana flavor). I've mixed it with half and half before too. He seems to like it, but he only gets one can a day, if that. He mostly eats solids. I looked at the Pediasure and it has less calories per volume than the Ensure, so that's why I went with Ensure. We're giving it to boost his calorie intake as he went down on the growth curve.
- Xty[/b]
She is 18 months old, and has a very strong oral defensiveness that came along with her genetic condition. I introduced solids to her when she was about 5 months old - she was eating rice cereal, carrots, sweet potatoes, squash, and we were just about to introduce some greens - and then she developed thrush.
Once she got the thrush, she developed the oral defensiveness - we thought it was something that would go away once the thrush was gone, but it just never did.

She has a problem with lactose, and so was on a lactose free formula until she was 15 months old - it wasn't enough for her and she stopped gaining weight between 12 and 15 months - she only gained 1.5lb; at that point she was diagnosed FTT and her pediatrician looked at our options. A dietician/nutritionist suggested that we try PediaSure.

Since October 1st, she has gained 3 pounds and her developmental skills have improved so much.