View Single Post
January 11th, 2008, 06:58 AM
VBAC Mommy!!!
Send a message via MSN to SugarNSpice Send a message via Yahoo to SugarNSpice
I understand your fear....but seriously the best thing you can do to eliminate those fears is educate yourself!!!!! Read read read all you can on VBAC!!! It will help so much!!!

Do not even worry at all about rupture. The risk of that happening is so low that it's hardly worth even thinking about. Less than a 1% chance of that happening. There is a greater chance of something else going wrong. And did you know that uterine ruptures happen on un-scarred uteruses too?? My midwife, who has been in practice for 18 years and has done many VBACs, told me that the only ruptures she has ever seen were on UN-SCARRED uteruses!!!!

And honestly...if you stay away from medical intervention, you basically eliminate the risk of uterine rupture all together. The only real risk of uterine rupture is when you introduce labor-inducing drugs like Pitocin and Cytotec. If you allow your body to go into labor and progress on it's own, you basically have nothing to worry about and you're chance of a successful VBAC are high.

And don't automatically believe all that small pelvis talk. You never know how your pelvis will widen, stretch during labor. Did you know pushing in a squatting position can expand your pelvis up to 1 inch???? There is a lot more to birth than how big your pelvis is. Position during labor means a LOT more than the size of your pelvis or the size of your baby.

Ya know, after my first DD was taken by c-section, my OB told my husband that I would never deliver vaginally because I had a small and tilted pelvis.
Well you know what?? My 2nd DD was born....BY VBAC...and she came out in about 5 pushes......and I didn't even tear.....it was no difficulty and it went beautifully!!!!

True cases of CPD (baby's head to big for mother's pelvis) are VERY VERY RARE!!!!! MOST women can give birth. The problem lies when doctors interfere in the natural processes of labor by introducing pitocin, epidurals and all kinds of other intervention that disrupts the natural flow of how mother nature intended for it to work....

If you really do want a VBAC, please start now and educate yourself all about labor and childbirth and about VBAC.
I HIGHLY recommend that you get the books "Silent Knife" (I'll see if I can find a link) and "Ina May's Guide to Chidbirth". I found both of those books incredibly insightful and eye opening.

Check out the stickies in this forum, there is a lot of great info and links.

Good luck....and just set your mind to it and start learning NOW.....VBAC is totally safe. You can do it.