View Single Post
January 11th, 2008, 07:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
I am so sorry that your last birth was such a traumatic experience! I understand where you are coming from, though.

Okay, first things first....take a deep breath! Second....stop listening to the horror stories. That's all they are, horror. They don't represent the "norm". Women, for some reason, want to tell everyone the most horrific situation they can thing of to "prepare" you for what could come. Don't listen to them, it will just make you freak out more. The best thing you can do is start looking for positive experiences and do research to find out the truth. I'm glad you came here, because this group is so positive and supportive! You'll be sure to find a lot of great information here. We have a lot of sites linked at the top of our forum that you can start reading.

Call me ignorant.....cuz maybe I'm just not remembering correctly...but I didn't think that the cord wrapped around the baby's neck was a problem, so long as it was still in the womb? I thought it could be a problem once baby is born, but before then, there is no breathing going on, therefore it isn't restricting the airway? Ladies...am I off on this one? Anyway, my point, I suppose, is that that is not a reason (regardless of if it was a true emergency) to have to have a second cesarean. The chances of it happening again are small. I would say you are an excellent candidate for a VBAC, even with your suspected "extremely narrow" pelvis.

I know that the unknown can be scary, but the risks associated with a repeat cesarean are even more scary, in my opinion. VBAC's are very safe. The biggest problem is finding supportive doctors along the way.

Well, I'll leave it at that for now, and let the other ladies chime in.

Good luck, and congratulations on your pregnancy!