View Single Post
October 22nd, 2005, 10:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to docsmomma
Early Wednesday morning I was having contractions about 5 minutes apart so we headed to the hospital. I was 3 cm dialated and about 60% effaced, so they told me to walk for an hour and come back. No progress an hour later. So we headed for home. I took a warm bath and then we went and walked around the mall. At 8 PM we headed to downtown disney for more walking. at 8:30 my contractions were about 4 minutes apart, but I decided to continue walking. At 10 PM the contrations seemed alot stronger and I was stopping for every one so we headed back to the hospital. I got into OBER at 10:30 and was 4 cm and 75% effaced, so off we went to the L&D room. Of course, I asked for an epidural right off the bat. They were really quick about it and as soon as they had 1 IV bag into me and my bloodwork was back, I had my epidural. At 2 AM I was 6 CM dialated and 75% still. So we talked about them breaking my water. After 2 weeks of early labor I felt it was a good idea. At 3 AM, we started some pictocin (I was 6 cm and 80% effaced). At 5:30 AM DH and a friend of ours went to get breakfast after I recomended it. At 6:20 I called the nurse and told her I felt lots of pressure. Called DH and told him to hurry back. He arrived back pretty quickly, running from the other end of campus to get there. At at 6:38 AM, after 4 sets of pushed, Melanie arrived. APGARS were 8 and 9.