View Single Post
January 21st, 2005, 08:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The doctor recommended that if I want to schedule a repeat c-section that I make that decision by my February appointment. He said I can cancel if I change my mind, but I really don't know what I want to do.

Anyone have any experience with VBAC good or bad? Is a repeat c-section worse, the same or better than the first one?

They are also still thinking my due date is off and I'm not really due until the 21st. The doctor said the earliest they would do the c-section is 10 days earlier, basically my original due date. Right now I'm almost leaning toward scheduling the c-section for that weekend (I think it would be like May 14 - 15) and if I go into labor before that then I was "supposed" to go VBAC, but the reality is that even seems to me like I'm taking the easy way out.

Someone on the other board asked why I had the first c-section, so...

I had HELLP syndrome with Riley, so they rushed me to the hospital and put me on a Magnesium Sulfate drip and tried to induce me. The induction didn't go all that well (apparently the Mag Sulfate can interfere with induction, but they had to do it to get my platelet count up) and then RIley's heartrate dropped and they did an emergency c-section.

Help please....