View Single Post
January 23rd, 2005, 11:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to linda11567
Well I'm in the same boat, so I don't know how much help I can be. Nikolas was born natural, Andrew half an hour later was born emergency c-sect. The nurse said I didn't need to worry about episotomy cause at 3 or so lbs they would just pop out with no problem. She was wrong. With nikolas they used the vacuum thing and forceps and he still tore me. He weighed 3.14. Andrew's heartrate dropped with every contraction and didn't go back up so they grabbed the knife and started cutting while trying to sedate me. So I felt a lot of it. They didn't have time to make sure I was under or for the epi. I had had one but it wore off. I do not want to go through that again. He had to be bagged and we were sure we were going to lose him. So I'm leaning towards scheduled c-sect too. I hear that with the second if you tore the first time you don't usually after that, but I'm still scared what a 7lb baby will do and that it will end up in c-sect anyway. And my sister had her uterus rupture. I know its rare, but I can't help but think about it. She actually almost died cause they didn't know it had ruptured. She had to be resussitated. Then she had an emergency hysterectomy. Not to scare you, I know we hear enough horror stories and this was 11 yrs ago, so I'm not sure she was really a good candidate to begin with. Its just something I think about. I also am torn though cause I think its the easy way out too and natural would be better for both of us, I'm just not sure its a chance I'm willing to take. I see many drs and the last I spoke to about it thought maybe I shouldn't even try natural since I had problems with such a tiny baby. But I will get my records this week from their birth and then we will make the decision. I may not be a good candidate for VBAC if I have a small birth canal, which I think I do. I say don't feel guilty if you decided to go C, cause your putting the health of baby first. That's what I'm telling myself.