View Single Post
October 28th, 2005, 08:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You don't need a prescription for prenatals and they're not that expensive to purchase in a store. You can buy just folic acid too and take that. My dr doesn't suggest prenatals until after 18weeks(but does suggest plain folic acid). It's because the extra iron on them makes so many women nauseas that they aren't eating. They get more nutrients not taking the vitamins than they do taking them. You can also take 2 flintstone vitamins instead of prenatals plus the folic acid.

As for the staff, btdt. I dislike support staff. When you see your dr tell them how they treated you. With my 2nd mc and 2 term pg's after that I had my prenatals at 5weeks. If the staff tried to shove me off I interrupted them rudely(unfortunatly rudeness gets more action and quicker) and told them Dr. K wanted me in at that time. If they didn't want to do it still I would call back the next day and leave a msg for the dr to call me about pregnancy(I think I made it urgent too). When he'd call back I'd tell him I was pg and the staff wouldn't book me in asap so he'd do it and give the staff hell for not doing it. My dr doesn't put up with his patients being treated like 2nd rate people.