Topic: Challenge#6
View Single Post
February 12th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Great pages ladies- very inspiring!!

This is for brads...(birds eyes)

I scraplifted this from the Jan. SB Etc. magazine & took way longer than I thought, lol. In fact, I'm not sure I would do it again if I knew how long the process would be- not what I'm used to at all!

I also think the original pic I scraplifted from looked better but she used a big canvas w/frame so she had lots more room- as it turned out my mom & grandma got cut off! :-( So I still like it though it looks crowded to me but nothing I can do. I made the birds small as I could, lol.
The leaves all had to be stamped and cut out. I drew the tree (no laughing) onto brown crinkled paper and cut out all the birds (used lots of scrap paper!). Used brads for eyes. Electrical tape for the lines that connect. Printed all info on label paper then cut & stuck them on.

I came up with the title & it's special to me because of the song "We are Family"- My grandma loved it & every function & get-together my family had/has that is dj'd, they play that song & everyone makes a line and 2 by 2 everyone goes & dances down the middle! LOL We did it at my wedding too and I went down the middle with the rent-a-cop! Yes I was a little tipsy...

I still need to add more info. on some of the labels but it is easy enough to reprint a new label and replace it so that's what I'll be doing...

Jake (16)
Sam (13)
Layla (9)
stepmom to:
Kayleigh (20)
Emilee (19)
Madison (7)