View Single Post
February 23rd, 2008, 03:57 PM
Veteran
I have SLE and have been told my daughter has a 30% chance of inheriting it on the mother's chromosomal strand. So that is scary and something I often beat myself up about.

The Lupus system is very, very hyperatice. Everything can be inflamed and hurting at once. We're talking pleurisy in the lungs, migraines, blurriness in the eyes, liver failing, and polyathritis.

I would definently think of delaying the vax or going on a very selective schedule if you're worried about hurting the immune system.

I'm pretty anti-vax after my own daughter had a hideous reaction to Polio. She was in hospital and was so, so sick which now scares us all tremendously.

You can always make an appointment to speak with a genetics doctor about it all.

Good luck to you guys. I am praying my daughter is never affected with this disease.

*~* Jen ~ Recurrent Miscarrier, Mama to 8 angels)
Mama to: Sophie (3.5) & 2 boy cats (6 & 4)
Our twin girls went to Heaven on March 21st 2007 and I had 3 back to back D&Cs, 2 hemorrhagic episodes & one heck of an autoimmune response.
We will TTC again in May 2010.
In the meantime: I'm studying & balancing the plethora of drugs I take everyday.