View Single Post
March 9th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to kwilder
I went in for my 2nd appointment of the week on Thursday March 6, 2008. I was 34 weeks and 1 day. I had been sick since Monday with strep throat. The day started out with the normal NST. During the NST one of the babies had a deceleration in her heart rate again. The nurse tracked for another 1/2 hour or so and sent me up for my biophysical profile. During the BPP the u/s tech metioned that the babies were not as active as they had been. I confirmed that I had noticed this too. The last two days I did not have much spontaneous movement. I could get them to move if I pushed around and stuff, but not much on their own. Next, I went to a room to see the dr. He looked concerned over the NST strips and mentioned that there were several other dips in heart rate on the strip that the nurse had not told me about- some associated with contractions. He sent me over for a contraction stress test. This was put to a screetching hault when after the first two contrations we saw MAJOR heart decels.

I was sent over to pre-op to get ready for a c-section. It was 11:30 and the section was scheduled for 2:00. My Dh and I were supposed to close on our buy and sell of our houses at 3:00 that day. Immediately my Dh got on the phone and the attorney met me in the pre-op area to sign papers. I guess there is always a first.

Shortly after, I was take to surgery. Riley Evans was born at 2:04 weighing 4lbs 2 oz. Reagan Elizabeth was born at 2:05 weighing 3lbs 10 oz. They both had good apgars but were taken immediately to NICU. They both were put on cpap. Riley only needed for the forced air (no extra oxygen) and Reagan need 25% oxygen.

They were both taken of cpap and were on room air only by Friday. They are off all tubes, IVs, etc. They will be under the lights for a few days and need to gain weight. They have to feed 40 ml's before they can leave the hospital. We expect to only be here another 7 days or so.

www.sevenwilders.blogspot.com