View Single Post
March 18th, 2008, 09:17 AM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Quote:
Welll....we had the appointment with the new doc yesterday. He did NOT blink an eye when we said we are not vaccinating. He said we are the parents, and it is his place to work with us and take care of us based on what we want. He did not lecture, strongly advise or ANYTHING. He could not believe that our doc would "fire" us or that she told us no one in the area would see us. He also said that if at some point in time, we decide to selectively vaccinate, want to split the shots up, or anything like that, he will work with us, but its our call.
He was really good with Killian too. My little man is 7 months old, 19 pounds, 29 inches long, and as healthy as can be. He also told us that the slight heart murmur he has is almost gone and will be completely gone by the time he is Luke's age. LOL...He also said by the way Killian holds his feet, he will be slightly pigeon toed when he begins to walk, but that it will resolve itself and is also nothing to worry about. We are going to be switching the whole family over to him, and I also took a stack of his cards with us to our chiropractor appt, because he knows of several families looking for a non-vax friendly doctor. It was SUCH a relief to find a doc in this area who is more open minded and felxible....[/b]

Quote:
YAY!!! We had an appointment yesterday and got a lot of understanding and no lectures or hassles from my son's ped about not vaxing anymore. It's such a huge load off your mind when you find someone who supports your decision as a mama.[/b]

Sweet!!!