View Single Post
March 31st, 2008, 05:07 PM
just me
Quote:
That isn't to say I couldn't have saved him, though... not in my mind. If I had noticed he was struggling? I get the feeling it wasn't just a sudden thing... it slowly got tighter. What if I had gone in when I noticed his movement changed? Could they have gotten him out in time? I'll have to live with that the rest of my life.[/b]
Oh man, I know this feeling.

Mine was a cord accident too, but like the other ladies it was a "regular" one. The cord tightened when she dropped Sunday morning, and by Monday morning she was gone.

Sad thing is, she DID slow down throughout the day. But I was 38w and 2cm dilated/30% effaced and in "pre-labor." My Dr.s were not expecting me to make it to my Wednesday appointment. I thought her slowing was in prep for labor. I totally expected to wake up at 3am w/contractions. Instead I woke up at 11am with my body and my baby doing absolutely nothing. No more contractions, even when waking stairs. She wasn't dropped anymore. No more heartbeat.

Sometimes I wish I had had some reason to go into the hospital, some real reason, because if I had they would have noticed her struggling and done and emergency c/s. I was at work Sunday evening and even told a friend who had come in that I thought I was leaking fluid and was scared something was wrong. But I decided it was just a lot of cm (which is what it was) and that I should just go to bed and see what happens in the morning.

GAH! I don't think I'll ever stop feeling guilty for that.

But...Erin is proof that it can have a happy ending. I'm just hoping that you get another miracle and become pregnant again!