Topic: Soooo....
View Single Post
April 19th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Heather the Mama Duk
Actually it's the same job but as a federal government employee directly rather than a contractor. If he got the lowest step of the GS level the position is he'll get an immediate $10,000 a year raise. The government people seem to think he already has the job (and several have congratulated him on it lol), but he hasn't gotten the official offer yet. He was asked to apply for it, but the government being the way they are it's always hurry up and wait and wait and wait and wait some more. He'd have to have a longer background investigation before starting so it would be 1 to 1 1/2 months before he'd become government, but that's a good thing since I'd rather not change insurance (again - did that while pregnant with Fritz, too) during pregnancy and since Adrian is due so soon the waiting for now is fine with me.

Anyway, Jamie started a list of what we'll get if he does in fact get that job. We'd also be getting 3 weeks of leave in a lump sum when leaving his old company in addition to the substantial raise, so it was kind of a wish list of what we've wanted but haven't gotten sort of thing. He asked me what I wanted and I said "A really big order of all the fun stuff that I never get from Rainbow Resource!" So that's what he wrote down.

And now I'm REALLY crossing my fingers that he does get to become government. A big order from Rainbow sounds so fun!!!

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside