Topic: Soooo....
View Single Post
April 22nd, 2008, 08:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That would be great Heather!

A bit of the opposite of what happened to us when dh started working for the government. I don't remember off the top of my head what GS Noah is, but when he started it was nearly a 10,000 DECREASE for us. But where he was working had merged with Bank of America and the site here closed. So he needed a new job. On top of the decreased salary he also had to travel 1 hour round trip daily instead of 10 minutes round trip daily (and with the price of gas that hurts) and the insurance is more monthly of less coverage than we had at his old job. BUT dh and I are thankful he did get this job. We figured out how much we would have to make to be able to maintain the same lifestyle we had before, but not fix up our house so quickly or pay off the mortgage in 5 years. And his starting salary was almost exactly what we figured out we would need...I think $400 more a year to be exact. So our house isn't being fixed up and we are only paying an extra $50 on the house every month, but we can pay all our bills. So we are very thankful for this job.

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (3).