JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Abortion Debate (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f104-abortion-debate/)
-   -   Weekly theme: Marriage (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f104-abortion-debate/1996997-weekly-theme-marriage.html)

(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.) June 2nd, 2010 12:06 AM

Weekly theme: Marriage

How does your dh/SO feel about abortion? Does that position influence your position? Has that position caused friction in anyway?

melkissa2004 June 2nd, 2010 05:21 AM

Re: Weekly theme: Marriage

DH agrees with me that it should be a woman's choice. Neither of us influenced each other, we just found out when discussing it that we both agreed.

myblueyez June 2nd, 2010 08:49 AM

SO doesn't really like the idea of abortion, but he also understands and agrees that it is a woman's choice. He will never be in a position to have to make that decision for himself....
His thoughts on it won't change my thoughts on it...

esparando para bebé June 2nd, 2010 01:52 PM

I am very pro-life. When we first go together we were walking and asking each other questions. I asked what he would want to do if we were to accidentally get pregnant. He replied with he wouldn't be against considering abortion. I politely informed him that I wouldn't view that as an option for me. He said "ok" and that was that. :lol:

IAmMomMomIAm June 2nd, 2010 04:04 PM

His views align with mine. There are certain circumstances when it's the better choice, but for the most part it's a thumbs down. I don't know if he'd ever vote to make it illegal... but I doubt it.

Tammyjh June 2nd, 2010 07:11 PM

Our views are pretty much the same. We're both pro choice.

Beneath_The_Rose June 3rd, 2010 08:21 AM

He's 100% pro-choice and as am I. We don't conflict in any way about our views thank goodness. If we had things probably would have been a lot different.

AMDG June 3rd, 2010 08:36 AM

he is just as pro-life as I am. he isn't as vocal or active just because he has other passions.

Tofu Bacon June 3rd, 2010 01:58 PM

He's more firmly pro-life than I am, but we've had some really good discussions on the subject, which has opened his mind quite a bit.

chlodoll June 3rd, 2010 08:13 PM

DH is pro-choice. I don't think its something he gives a whole lot of thought to though!

If I were to become pregnant now I would likely have an abortion for medical reasons and he knows this and agrees.

beck12 June 4th, 2010 03:14 AM

Dh is pretty much like me on this. It would be a big fat no for us for any reason other than something life threatening, but he think we can't push our beliefs on others. Our only difference is that I think I would carry a pg that was life threatening to me if the baby could be okay & he would adamantly not want me to. I just truly hope this never comes up for us & I wish it never came up for anyone. I have had zero health problems in pg so far - so I hope that is how it stays!

Mom2Froggy June 4th, 2010 01:27 PM

Both of us are pro-choice, and I don't think our relationship would have gone this far if he wasn't pro-choice. There are a few values I don't compromise on in a relationship, and abortion is one of them.

Jintana June 4th, 2010 08:45 PM

He is pro-choice, as am I. We both also accept that it's up to the female to either get one or not, since the female's body is the one hosting and all. I do not believe we would be so harmonious if we disagreed on this issue.

rose198172 June 5th, 2010 11:42 PM

We're pretty opposite actually. His ex had an abortion awhile before they broke up (he knew about it, she didn't do it on the sly or anything). I am not necessarily pro-life, but I could never have an abortion myself. I know he would not have a problem if I had made that choice, though.

It doesn't really affect our relationship, though.... he never made the suggestion when I got pregnant (even unexpectedly). It's just like some political beliefs and other issues we disagree on. It's interesting to hear both sides, and we respect each other's opinion.

Jenna June 13th, 2010 06:07 AM

We're both very pro-choice. It works out.

TheMrs June 19th, 2010 07:56 AM

We are fairly similar. Neither of us would have the heart to abort our own, but believe it is a useful option for individuals and society. Though he is prochoice I think he is more prochoice based on circumstances and more judgmental of those who do choose to have an abortion than I am.