JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Adoption (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f84-adoption/)
-   -   Hoping to adopt a baby (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f84-adoption/1964829-hoping-to-adopt-baby.html)

swilcox May 3rd, 2010 07:51 AM

Hoping to adopt a baby

hello I am 27 and my husband is 28. We have a beautiful 5 year old and would love to give him a baby brother or sister. We have tried twice and I have had a miscarriage and just gave birth to a baby boy on April 14th 2010 and he passed away 11 hours after he was born. My heart is broken and I just do not know if I can go through another pregnancy. If anyone out there knows of someone that wants to put their baby up for adoption can you please let them know I am out here looking to adopt a baby boy or girl, single or twins. Agency's are charging an arm and leg and I can not afford to pay 30,000 + for all the paper work. I have read it is cheaper to find a birth mom yourself.

Thanks
Shannon

Bug-n-Ed May 4th, 2010 12:18 PM

Re: Hoping to adopt a baby

Another option is to go through your state and do foster to adopt. Most of the time, the cost to adopt through your state is under $1000, which just covers the cost of the legal fees in most cases.

I'm sorry you've had such a heart wrenching time concerning pregnancy recently. Hopefully, you'll be able to find a woman who wants to place her baby for adoption. She's not giving it up, she's placing it. There is a big difference. Giving it up implies that she doesn't love nor care for the baby. Placing a baby implies that the birth mother cares about the baby enough to find a loving and caring home for him/her where it will be provided for. You might not think there's much difference, but the type of language used is very important. Many women choose not to place their baby because they have always heard about adoption in a negative light.

SarahBethsMommy May 4th, 2010 12:53 PM

Good luck to you!

I'm a foster and foster to adopt mommy, myself. Having an infant wasn't a huge thing to us.

I also lost a child. Bryan Luke died at birth at 33 weeks gestation back in 2007. There is no "fix" for that ache, I know. I'm sorry for your loss!

SuperMartianRobotMom6 May 5th, 2010 11:13 AM

If your intrested in international adoptions. This is the agency Ive choosen to go with. (Well hopefully.) But they give you an itinerary of what everything costs. Most of them are around 5000.00.. Which isnt bad. But that doesnt include the trip to and from the country.
International Adoption Agency - China, Vietnam, Russia, Korea, Peru, Thailand, Hong Kong - New Beginnings

Hope I could help, and I hope you adopt a beautiful baby that completes your family :D

eash May 5th, 2010 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snicole90 (Post 20075179)
If your intrested in international adoptions. This is the agency Ive choosen to go with. (Well hopefully.) But they give you an itinerary of what everything costs. Most of them are around 5000.00.. Which isnt bad. But that doesnt include the trip to and from the country.
International Adoption Agency - China, Vietnam, Russia, Korea, Peru, Thailand, Hong Kong - New Beginnings

Hope I could help, and I hope you adopt a beautiful baby that completes your family :D

I think you might be mistaken. International adoption can run from 20 - 50K. The $5000 might be just the homestudy fee or the country fee. If you see a number like $5000, it is most likely not taking into account the agency placing fee if your agency is working with another group.
The paperwork to have your documents processed through homeland security was over $1500 alone for us. It is not a cheap prospect.

SuperMartianRobotMom6 May 5th, 2010 11:30 AM

Russia Adoption Costs - New Beginnings

Adopting from Russia, is around 6200.

SarahBethsMommy May 5th, 2010 12:05 PM

That $6200 isn't taking into account the placing agency fees, attorney fees, dossier, travel costs (I know Russia is one country that requires the adoptive parents to travel 2-3 times to Russia before being allowed to bring their child home) or incidentals (check with your state about if you have to finalize in your own state and such). I'd also be wary about international adoption fees that look "too good to be true."

eash May 5th, 2010 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snicole90 (Post 20075438)
Russia Adoption Costs - New Beginnings

Adopting from Russia, is around 6200.

Your agency doesn't work directly with Russia. They work with a cooperating agency which is very common. That cooperating agency will set the rest of the fees, including the country fee, which Russia has the highest out of any country. Your agency is only doing the homestudy and post-placement visit. The Russian country fee which you pay directly to Russia is close to 20K. Total, Russia will be closer to 30-40K - it is the most expensive country to adopt from.
You need to fully understand the fees and process before you jump in.