JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Adoption (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f84-adoption/)
-   -   We got **THE CALL** (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f84-adoption/2306203-we-got-call.html)

tawny63 April 18th, 2011 01:21 PM

We got **THE CALL**

:cheer::cloud9::cheer::cloud9:
So we are matched!!!!:eek::D:eek::D I got the call from our agency on April 1st (it crossed my mind they were horribly mean) and our birthmom called us April 2nd and loves us!!!!! EEEEEKKKKK! So I know it's been a long time since then to not post, but she is due in June with a baby girl:wub: so our house has made some major rearranging.

Our baby is in Ohio and due June 26th. She is caucasion/african american/native american so should be completely beautiful! I text the birthmom almost daily and she's invited us into the L&D with her, and me to spend the nights in the hossy with her! I am just shell-shocked at how welcoming she has been to us.

So I will try to stay more up-to-date from now on, but please pray for her and the baby. And us. So appreciate it!

OH! The name we picked: Cassidy Nicole.

mamma_anna April 18th, 2011 02:29 PM

Re: We got **THE CALL**

:grats: Will definitely be keeping you all in my prayers. Hope everything goes well. Love the name btw.

AlexKatieAiden Mommy April 18th, 2011 05:17 PM

Congrats!!!! Keeping everyone in my thoughts and prayers!!

SarahBethsMommy April 18th, 2011 07:44 PM

YAY!!!!!! I could NOT be more excited for you! What a beautiful name! Congratulations. I can't wait to hear about the arrival of your little girl!

tawny63 April 19th, 2011 11:57 AM

Thanks ladies! I adore the name :wub: We picked Cassidy awhile ago and the birthmom chose the middle name. We are SO excited. I know that she could change her mind, but we are just going full throttle and see what happens. We did the reclaim change mind with DS and it's hard to think about. The situation is sure in our favor though. Hooray!

Kari_B April 19th, 2011 07:32 PM

Tanya... this is just the best news ever! I'm so happy for your whole family!!!!

Jessie0505 April 19th, 2011 09:04 PM

HURRAY!! that is awesome news!! YAY!!

future_adoption_mommy April 20th, 2011 07:58 AM

Congrats! that's so exciting! I love the name you have picked out! :D

Bug-n-Ed April 21st, 2011 08:43 AM

Whoo hoo! Congrats on your match. You got the call the same day we had placement for our twins. I hope things go smoothly for you.

Have they said anything about the indian child welfare act since the baby is partly native? Our twins are 1/4 native and we were a little worried, but everything worked out for us. I hope there's no problems for you.

tawny63 April 21st, 2011 08:55 AM

Idk how much of the heritage is Native American...I'm a little afraid to know b/c of the way OH is with adoption. Or, her county anyway. I found a lawyer that said he will move the court to a different county b/c of how sh**y her county is about adoptions. :o I can't get much info on the BF and her paperwork just says she's caucasion. Does the tribe need to be notified? I get the vibe from her that she doesn't have anything to do with a tribe, or even know which one.

Bug-n-Ed April 22nd, 2011 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tawny63 (Post 23700229)
Idk how much of the heritage is Native American...I'm a little afraid to know b/c of the way OH is with adoption. Or, her county anyway. I found a lawyer that said he will move the court to a different county b/c of how sh**y her county is about adoptions. :o I can't get much info on the BF and her paperwork just says she's caucasion. Does the tribe need to be notified? I get the vibe from her that she doesn't have anything to do with a tribe, or even know which one.

I'm not sure how it works completely, but if they are registered then the adoption has to have the approval of the tribe. This could mean that instead of it going through the courts for the adoption, it'd go through the tribe and tribes have different laws regarding adoption than states do. Of course, I don't know too much about it. I hope everything works out for you.

We were told that since our birth mom wasn't registered and her father who was full native had been adopted himself, that it shouldn't cause a problem.

tawny63 April 22nd, 2011 12:23 PM

Okay, thank you for your info. She's gonna call me after her OB appt today, so I'll ask her about the tribe and if she's registered. Her husband is signing as the father b/c in OH a married BM always has the spouse sign...even if it's obviously not his child. Pretty wild, yeah? BF has almost no rights unless they are pro-active and notify the state that they could be a BF...if he waits until the baby is 4 wks old, it's too late. Works in our favor but...wow. WA is TOTALLY different.

tawny63 April 26th, 2011 10:29 AM

I checked with our BM and she says she's not Native American at all, so we are off that hook. :excited::phew: I texted her back and forth a ton yesterday and she keeps saying how happy she is that we are the family she picked....She seems to be so thankful. I just hope she realizes how thankful we are for her!!!!

Just_Marie April 27th, 2011 09:49 PM

how wonderful!!!

TarheelTroll April 28th, 2011 07:25 PM

congrats to you!!! we have an open adoption with our son's BM - we see her a few times a year (our son is 2 1/2) - it is a wonderful thing!! best of luck & wishes to you!!

StoneFamily April 28th, 2011 10:14 PM

Congrats! We're considering adopting a newborn after having two teens (we're just weeks away from finalization)...