JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Adoption (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f84-adoption/)
-   -   Chinese Adoption (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f84-adoption/732321-chinese-adoption.html)

BensMom September 16th, 2007 05:32 PM

How long does Chinese adoption usually take (ballpark number)? A couple at church are trying to adopt an older girl (someone at least 2+ years old) and have had their paperwork in since Nov 06. They said it could be another YEAR before they hear something???

m_westbro September 17th, 2007 07:24 AM

Yes, unfortunately, they're right. I believe current wait times for China are around 22-24 months from DTC (Dossier to China) to referral. The only way they could get a referral sooner is if they indicated that they were willing to accept special needs, or if they found a child on their agency's waiting child listing. There is a couple in my neighborhood who are waiting as well, and I feel for them. :( I wish it would speed back up like it was when we were in process.

eash September 17th, 2007 08:31 AM

We just started the process for Korea and what I have heard from China is that it is easily 3+ years. Although China was our first choice, we chose not to wait that long.

m_westbro September 17th, 2007 09:06 AM

Quote:

We just started the process for Korea and what I have heard from China is that it is easily 3+ years. Although China was our first choice, we chose not to wait that long.[/b]
About how long is the process for Korea?

Quote:

We just started the process for Korea and what I have heard from China is that it is easily 3+ years. Although China was our first choice, we chose not to wait that long.[/b]

Quote:

BensMom September 17th, 2007 11:20 AM

Quote:

Hey, girl! I haven't seen you in forever! Come back to the financial planning board and let us know what's going on with you. :cheer:

eash September 17th, 2007 11:34 AM

Quote:

Quote:

[/b]
The agencies claim about 12-18 from beginning to end. However, the math doesn't add up. Supposedly from time of dossier to referral is about 9-10 months and another 3-4 months until you travel. Unless your dossier gets completed in 8 weeks, which is highly unlikely, I would guess it is closer to 18-24 months.
We have heard anywhere from 3-4 years for China - which is so sad.

Quote:

Quote:

Hey, girl! I haven't seen you in forever! Come back to the financial planning board and let us know what's going on with you. :cheer:
[/b]
Hiya, I have been lurking and learning. I just haven't had any intellectual to add lately. I will come crying back to the Financial Planning board when I try to figure out where to come up with 30K for this adoption.....