JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Am I Pregnant (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f295-am-i-pregnant/)
-   -   Need your advice...when to start trying? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f295-am-i-pregnant/1882194-need-your-advice-when-to-start-trying.html)

Lynley February 21st, 2010 01:06 AM

Need your advice...when to start trying?

Hi, everyone! I need your advice. We've been TTC for a few months now, though I haven't been particularly good about charting or anything. AF is over a week late, which is pretty unusual for me, but I took a test last night and it came out negative. I'm not particularly surprised, since things have been pretty stressful (going through layoffs at work - not sure if it will affect me or my husband, as we work at the same place - should find out this week). I want to start using an OPK, but I don't want to waste the strips (those suckers are expensive!). So, assuming that I don't get AF this week, when should I be expecting ovulation to occur? Should I start counting from the day I would've expected AF?

Part of me thinks I should just stop worrying about it all for right now (we have enough to worry about right now!), but I ain't gettin' any younger! Any advice? I appreciate your feedback!

Thanks!
Lynley :)

Caelen February 21st, 2010 05:21 AM

Re: Need your advice...when to start trying?

Just wanted to pop in and say that your period might be late if you o'd late. I was really bad about charting at first too ;).

If you're still not getting anything within the next week or so it might be time to talk to your doc and see what they have to say.

I hope that the lay offs don't effect either of you!

Misty_X February 21st, 2010 06:14 AM

Hi there and welcome to the board! :waves:

Stress can really delay ovulation so it could be that you haven't ovulated yet or you Oed a lot later than you were expecting. I would keep looking for fertile signs in case you are going to O such as stretchy CM or watery CM, O pains or spotting and anything else you usually get around O time. Also, I would take another pregnancy test in a few days in case you Oed late and your BFP is coming late too.

I would wait until AF arrives before you start using OPKs since you are not sure whether you have Oed yet this cycle or not. You can't expect to O 2 weeks after you would have expected AF because you are still on the same cycle until either the witch or a BFP arrives :smile:

I hope you will stick around - this is a really helpful board and I am sure you'll feel at home :smile:

Lynley February 21st, 2010 11:06 AM

Thanks, ladies.....I really appreciate your feedback and support! I'm hoping this whole layoff thing will be over tomorrow (that's the rumor, anyway), so maybe things will kick back into gear. I did get some HPTs yesterday, so I'll be prepared, just in case.

Off to enjoy this beautiful weather we're having in Georgia! Have a great day!

pattyandthemoos February 21st, 2010 11:30 AM

Hi. Welcome to Am I PRegnant. I agree with Misty. I would wait till your next cycle to start using OPKs. Also, I would buy the internet cheapie opks as opposed to the ones you get in the store. Babycreation.com has the cheapest opks I have seen. You can also buy opks on eBay to save yourself some money. They aren't as expensive if you get the cheapies.

My guess is you ovulated late this cycle because of all the stress. Hopefully your next cycle won't be so crazy.