JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Am I Pregnant (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f295-am-i-pregnant/)
-   -   Could I be having a early miscarriage?? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f295-am-i-pregnant/2399898-could-i-having-early-miscarriage.html)

lacie0408 August 22nd, 2011 04:58 PM

Could I be having a early miscarriage??

I went to ER yesterday because I have been spotting 8 days before my period and then on the 5th day when i should have been having my period I still was spotting. Spotting is dark brown w/hint of red. The ER doctor gave me three options Very early miscarriage, irregular period, or pregnant and just do not have enough hormones yet?? I of course cannot get into see a GYN which I called about 30 of them today! I have severe pain in my uterus. I do have ovarian cyst but ultrasound showed nothing it was not a internal ultrasound. Doctor at ER said if I do not get my period In a couple of days I should test every 3 days for 10 days. Has anybody every went through this PLEASE HELP very upset and worried!:confused:

cavewoman August 22nd, 2011 05:21 PM

Re: Could I be having a early miscarriage??

I'm sorry but your story is confusing. You were spotting 8 days before your period was due? And then you were still spotting 3 days later, 5 days before your period was due? How do you know when your period was due? Are you just saying this because you're very regular? Were you tracking when you ovulated?

lacie0408 August 22nd, 2011 09:18 PM

sometimes i spot 2 to 3 days before my period is due sometimes i am couple days off from my cycle but not by much. maybe a day or two. so i did not think much of it at the time. when my period was due i usually bleed very heavily the first two days. My period last seven days. I started spotting on the 14th my period should have started anywhere from the 18th or 19th now going on 10 days of spotting dark brown with maybe a hint of red here or there and only when I wipe. Never happened to me before. I have sever sharp pain in uterus area not near the ovaries where when i have ovarian cyst i usually have pains there. I'm so confused! Doctors are telling me three different things. I just want to know if anyone else has ever had this happen to them. I am a mother of one and I never had this happen before. ER doctor and my GYN doctor who I talked to over the phone are both saying could possible be miscarriage, pregnancy or irregular period. I just don't know what's going on. All test came back negative on infections and such. Neg on prego test. Ovaries on ultrasound showed no sign of cyst. If anyone ever experienced this please I would greatly like some advice or answers. Both Doctors told me to do prego test every 3 days for 10 days to make sure of pregnancy. UGH Please any answers will be so helpful!!!:confused: sorry about last post i didn't read what i wrote correctly! sorry about that! so now i see why it confused you! my mistake.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacie0408 (Post 24681241)
I went to ER yesterday because I have been spotting 8 days before my period and then on the 5th day when i should have been having my period I still was spotting. Spotting is dark brown w/hint of red. The ER doctor gave me three options Very early miscarriage, irregular period, or pregnant and just do not have enough hormones yet?? I of course cannot get into see a GYN which I called about 30 of them today! I have severe pain in my uterus. I do have ovarian cyst but ultrasound showed nothing it was not a internal ultrasound. Doctor at ER said if I do not get my period In a couple of days I should test every 3 days for 10 days. Has anybody every went through this PLEASE HELP very upset and worried!:confused:

Sorry I missed printed what i wrote above please re-read the other post!:eek: i'm just nervous and trying to do this while running after a six year old lol.:)

Leanne78 August 23rd, 2011 05:52 AM

Lacie - It could just be an off period? If you started spotting 8 days before your period was due, it doesn't seem likely you would have had time to have actually implanted and all - although that could have happened. It might have been a chemical? My chemical started with brown spotting, but it made me a week late not early. Hopefully the doctor can give you some answers. I was getting positives on my tests though when I had my chemical and that was with super low HCG numbers.

Another thought could be that the spotting was implantation? Have you taken any tests since seeing the doctor? Has your period started yet or are you still spotting?

lacie0408 August 23rd, 2011 05:31 PM

Still spotting, still having pain...takes forever to get into the doctor especially when I have to work around my work schedule. Doctor told me to take a test every 3 days for 10 days so I guess that's what I will do. Will let you know how it turns out. My husband and mother think maybe It's just stress and just a light period. thank you for the info! :smile: