JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Am I Pregnant (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f295-am-i-pregnant/)
-   -   Implantation Bleeding? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f295-am-i-pregnant/2550343-implantation-bleeding.html)

novastar222 July 17th, 2012 11:59 AM

Implantation Bleeding?

I have been on Tricyclen lo birth control pills for about a year and a half now. I have never had any bleeding until recently. About a week and a half to two weeks after my menstrual period (and yes i do take my placebo pills!) i got light pink bleeding that only lasted for two days along with some cramps and back pain. The bleeding was only there when i went to the bathroom and wiped (it was definitely not enough to wear a pad or even a panty liner) and I was wondering if it would be implantation bleeding or breakthrough bleeding? I have taken my birth control everyday but i'm really bad for taking it at the same time, and i also am sexually active. My partner always finishes inside me because I figured I was fully protected with the pill... can anyone help me out here?

(Updated 16/07/12) I ovulated about 6 days ago now. The bleeding started 4-5 days after. I get ovulation pains even though I am on bc although uncommon i know that it is ovulation pain and it happens every month. I did have a mild yeast infection and used the vaginal pill to help it but the day it started I was on an overnight shift at work, so I took my pill earlier than normal, about 5 hours earlier and the bleeding started that day?

(Updated 17/07/12) The bleeding lasted 2 and a half days and seems to be gone now, i also noticed a weird discharge but pushed it off to be the pill draining out the infection (sorry if thats tmi!) The cramps seem to be gone also, and i vomited a couple times yesterday out of the blue. I plan on taking a hpt tomorrow, will it show up properly?

Ive been looking everywhere for some answers!

strvnwritr July 17th, 2012 09:21 PM

Re: Implantation Bleeding?

Hi and welcome! It seems likely that you were experiencing breakthrough bleeding since you are on the pill and haven't missed any. Of course, anything is possible so taking a test is probably a good idea. Good luck and let us know how it turns out!

Urchin July 18th, 2012 06:33 AM

If you're taking the pill, ovulation will not happen. If you're missing pills, spontaneous ovulation can occur but it would be very hard to determine when that was.

Unfortunately on the pill you can have lots of regular cycles and then BAM all of the sudden you'll have a weird one like you're experiencing. Also, having a yeast infection can also cause bleeding.

When is your next period due?

novastar222 July 18th, 2012 09:21 AM

I know you dont ovulate on the pill but i get stabbing like pains every month on the week of my ovulation, i researched a little and I thought I could be a rare case where it does allow me to ovulate. My period is due in six days (on the 24th of july). Ive also had a couple of yeast infections before and never bled, although I never used the pills to get rid of it.

novastar222 July 19th, 2012 09:51 AM

I took a test last night and it was negative. The bleeding came back today, though. Im going to take another test closer to my period and if its negative ill probably see a doctor about changing bc pills . Thanks for your advice ! :)