JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Am I Pregnant (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f295-am-i-pregnant/)
-   -   Help! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f295-am-i-pregnant/2572582-help.html)

Aya Luna September 12th, 2012 01:34 PM

Help!

Hello Everyone. :)

I am a young girl afraid but also eager to be pregnant. I want lots of kids. I want a baby. But it would be terribly unwise at my age.

My situation is this:

I think I am. If I am pregnant I am already almost three months along. I had almost every pregnancy symptom for the first month or so. Nausea, sensitive to smells, fatigue, you name it, accompanied by dreams that were almost like a command, saying 'you're pregnant'. I was really convinced that I was going to have a baby. Took a pregnancy test (for the first time in my life) and it showed up negative. I also had a light period, so the thought left my mind for a while.

But my abdomen has started to grow. My nipples are sore. I feel like I'm crazy. My mother has noticed my stomach too. I took another home pregnancy test that had the faintest little blue line (or maybe I'm seeing things). Went to a doctor and they also told me I had a negative urine test. I asked for a blood test but was told urine tests are very accurate, ie, no. If I am not having a baby, why do I have these symtpoms? Where is my period? Why is my slender stomach popping out like a three month baby bump?

I keep reading online about women who tested negative on urine tests but had babies. I think this is distorting my mind to think I am like them. But it could be true. My problem is that I do want a child, despite ugly circumstances. I've read about false pregnancy... I just don't know. Help me, women! What is going on with me?

Athme September 12th, 2012 02:01 PM

Re: Help!

At 3 months along, a home pregnancy test will almost certainly pick up the HCG and give you a positive result if you are pregnant. Are you sure you would be 3 months?

If you are absolutely positive. Go and demand a blood test from the doctor or an ultrasound (though they are expensive but could also rule out things like PCOS)

Pregnancy like symptoms causes:

PCOS - polycystic ovary syndrome
Hormone imbalance
False/ Hysterical pregnancy
Blighted ovum
Stress
The pill
IUD's
Diet
There are also many other reasons you could be getter larger and not having a period. The very best thing is to consult your doctor and or tell you Mom if you can.

LuvRBx5 September 13th, 2012 03:33 AM

Heck at over 3 months pregnant, if a dr felt your tummy they'd feel your uterus just coming up above your pubic bone.. Go back to the dr, tell them what you are feeling. Get an exam, if they feel your uterus is larger then it should be then they'll schedule a u/s.

If your uterus isn't larger then maybe it's something like the above posted mentioned, or something like a cyst which can cause pregnancy signs and are very common.

Aya Luna September 15th, 2012 12:38 PM

Thanks for answering, you guys.

I would be about three months if I am. I don't know the exact dates, other than that conception occurred sometime in the first three weeks of June.

I have told my mother my concerns. We don't have health insurance and I don't know if/when I can go to the doctor again.

I can feel my uterus when I push down a little below my navel.

I really feel that I am pregnant, and it sort of scares me to think that my intuition could be wrong. It's not only my physical symptoms, but just that, my intuition, telling me this is real. I can't smoke or drink even if I want to because I fear hurting my baby.

The only possibilities that really make sense to me are pregnancy or phantom pregnancy. I just hope I find out soon...

LuvRBx5 September 15th, 2012 06:00 PM

You would be getting a positive test at 3 months, plus, at 3 months your uterus wouldn't be that high anyways, so it's quite possible that it's not the top of your uterus you are feeling when you press down. At 3 months the uterus would just now be rising above the pubic bone.