JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Am I Pregnant (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f295-am-i-pregnant/)
-   -   Irregular but having pregnancy symptoms? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f295-am-i-pregnant/2584898-irregular-but-having-pregnancy-symptoms.html)

rgs52627 October 15th, 2012 02:22 PM

Irregular but having pregnancy symptoms?

Hello all :),
Im new and i've been driving myself crazy:confused: trying figure out what in the world is going on with me.
So I started having irregular periods when i was 18 I didn't think to much of it because after a month or so i would get it for a few months in a row or more and then I would go a month or so with no period again. Well, when i was 19 I got pregnant with my son and after that they were fairly normal. In Jan of last year I had a miscarriage and after that they were normal untill about Dec of last year. Ive been ttc since march and I've had no luck. Its kind of hard to tell with being irregular. So I've had pregnancy test after pregnancy be a bfn. I had my period in august and had sex almost every day for the next 3 weeks. I didn't have a period in sept. and havent had my period this month. A couple weeks ago I :tmi: noticed my areolas had a darkish brown smudge like ring around them and they seemed to be getting bigger. Ive also been a little more tired then normal and alot more emotional and a little moody. Ive been bloated but that comes and goes. My stomach is sometimes upset but no real nausea or sickness like my first pregnancy. And just today i noticed ive had to pee alot more then normal. I took a pregnancy test 3 days ago and it was a bfn, clear as day. It was upsetting of course but i cant shake this feeling. I have also never had my nipples do this or feel this way before. I was just wondering what anyone knew or had any experience with irregular periods and pregnancy or pregnancy symptoms. Any advice or help is much needed thank you all in advanced!! :smile:

TaraJo29 October 15th, 2012 06:08 PM

Re: Irregular but having pregnancy symptoms?

If the nipples thing isn't your imagination, that is a strong indicator that you are pregnant. Bloated, nausea also often accompanies early pregnancy, but you don't know until you find out if you're pregnant or not.

I would take a First Response Early Result test as those are very good. Some pregnancy tests are cheap and don't pick up the same amount of hormone as the FRER. So I would get one of those and take it as soon as you get up in the morning. It may just be positive, even if it's only a few days later.

Do you know how late for your period you are, or is it impossible to tell because they've been so wacky?

Tinky October 15th, 2012 06:11 PM

Without having a period in such a long while it is hard to say what can be going on. You do have promising symptoms but they could also be the same for impending AF. Since you are so irregular you may have ovuated really late and in fact be pregnant but still to early for the test to pick it up. before too much longer goes past a doctors appt might be in order, and might help get things in a little better order? Good luck, personally I am hoping you are having an undected but still early pregnancy that will show up soon. That would be lovely.

rgs52627 October 15th, 2012 06:22 PM

@TaraJon, it's deffinately not in my head...I showed my bf and even he said they dont always look like that and they do look like they're getting bigger. I had to make sure it wasn't just me. I can't be to possitive on how late I am just because it bounces around so much. Im not sure if ill have it the next month or if it will be 2 or 3 months before I have it again. Its annoying. And I will deff. get a FRER next time I go to the store Thank you for your input, it feels good to have someone tell me something!

@Tinky, Im hoping I did infact ovulate late and thats what happened. I've made the mistake of reading into medical problems and not actual pregnancy things that have happened like this and scared myself into thinking i might not be pregnant and won't be able to have kids cuz my ovulation is messed up. I agree, Im praying for a early pregnancy that just hasn't shown up. Thank you so much for your input, im so nervous and you guys deff. helped me calm down and see other options.

LuvRBx5 October 16th, 2012 02:32 PM

Very possible that you ovulated more recently and are getting early signs but too early to test positive yet. I'd retest again in about a week.

rgs52627 October 23rd, 2012 08:39 AM

Well I took a test this morning...It was a bfn. Im a little dissapointed in myself because i got all excited and worked up. I really did think i was pregnant this time. Oh well, I guess Ill just have to keep trying. Its gana be hard though cuz my s/o is only home on the weekends cuz of his job. :(

princess136 October 23rd, 2012 10:17 AM

I would start testing with OPK's if you aren't already doing that. This way you know if you are ovulating. And if you are really serious about TTC then I would go see the doctor to ask about something that could assist you in getting more regular so you know for sure when you are O'ing and can do the deed.

good luck to you!