JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Am I Pregnant (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f295-am-i-pregnant/)
-   -   Pregnant or something else? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f295-am-i-pregnant/2604022-pregnant-something-else.html)

novastar222 December 10th, 2012 10:51 AM

Pregnant or something else?

Hello, I have been having some strange things going on lately. I have been on tri cyclen lo birth control pills for about 2 years now, but this month ive noticed that my lower abdomen is very hard to the touch when i am standing or sitting down-- not so noticeable when im laying down on my back. My period is expected tomorrow, but this is just eating away at me ! sorry for the :tmi: but Ive also had some brownish-red discharge yesterday and the day before, but it has seemed to have stopped now. I was recently diagnosed about 4 months ago with IBS and I was wondering if I could be pregnant or could it be the IBS acting wonky? I would also like to add that besides the pill I am having unprotected sex. Any answers or opinions would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you ! :confused:

mrsc04 December 10th, 2012 11:25 AM

Re: Pregnant or something else?

When was your last period?

novastar222 December 10th, 2012 11:42 AM

My last period was November 16th (ended) , so it started on the 12th

jam121184 December 10th, 2012 12:20 PM

Sounds like probably PMS Symptoms and the brownish/red discharge could have been pre-Af spotting? Could swing either way though..I hope it turns out the way you want!

novastar222 December 10th, 2012 01:24 PM

Thank you for your input ! It doesnt make sense to me why my stomach would be hard to the touch, though. Thats never happened before. If i dont end up getting my period ill take a hpt tomorrow, and if i do get it and the bloating stays ill go see my doctor :). Ill let everyone know how it goes ! Thank you again

novastar222 December 23rd, 2012 06:31 PM

Its been awhile, guys. Sorry. I ended up getting my period on december 11th and it seemed normal . I went to my doctor and he advised a colonoscopy (to see if i have chrones or ulcerative colitis). But hasnt kept in contact yet ... My lower abdomen is STILL hard. Its been literally almost a month and the bloating and hard stomach has not gone away one bit. So, im not sure about pregnancy but im still very annoyed with this process. I was also wondering something else , has anyone been diagnosed with PCOS? And what were your symptoms ?? Because it runs in my family and im wonderi maybe if that is an options. thanks again everyone! :)

Artsy Mom December 23rd, 2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by novastar222 (Post 26901566)
Its been awhile, guys. Sorry. I ended up getting my period on december 11th and it seemed normal . I went to my doctor and he advised a colonoscopy (to see if i have chrones or ulcerative colitis).

I'm TTC with Crohn's disease (I was diagnosed in '07), I'm here for you if you have any questions! Hope your colonoscopy shows nothing serious!