JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Am I Pregnant (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f295-am-i-pregnant/)
-   -   How common is a false blood test early on? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f295-am-i-pregnant/2607021-how-common-false-blood-test-early.html)

simmonsjn December 19th, 2012 04:12 PM

How common is a false blood test early on?

It's easy to find what you are looking for on the internet, but how common is it really to have a false blood test early on?

I have been on bc for 10 years and have NEVER missed a period. It comes the same day every month...except this month. I was supposed to start on the 5th and it never came. I am now 13 days late, have had 6 neg hpt and i took a blood test at the dr yesterday and it came back negative. But my whole body aches, my boobs have random shooting pains, my lower back feels like someone kicked me, i have lots of abdominal pain and cramps in my hips and ovaries.

They also tested my white blood count and that came back normal so its not an infection....

I know there is something wrong, everyone keeps saying "oh youre stressed and making yourself have the symptoms" but im really not stressed, just impatient.

Anyone have any answers for me? Is there a good chance that I still might be pregnant?

~*Kudzu*~ December 19th, 2012 09:00 PM

Re: How common is a false blood test early on?

Was the test a yes/no blood test or did they give you a number?

lovealways1230 December 19th, 2012 09:05 PM

It's not too common, but it is seen in many women. Like, for example, My mom when she was pregnant had negative blood test and also a negative urine test, she didn't know till she had the ultrasound done! Also, a few other people had this happen to them. I would ask your doctor for a ultrasound if you still think you are pregnant.

ninja_mommy December 20th, 2012 07:47 AM

I suppose ovarian cysts might be a possibility??

BaileysFourtune December 20th, 2012 11:20 AM

I had asimilar problem I had positive urine and negative blood and when I finally got my ultrasound it was discovered I had a misscarriage sorry probably not what you want to hear

321abc December 20th, 2012 12:18 PM

I would ask for a sonogram

AmyLM December 20th, 2012 12:47 PM

I had a positive hpt and got a negative blood test the same day. 2 days later I got a positive blood test but, I m/c a week later.

Urchin December 20th, 2012 12:52 PM

If you've had numerous negative urine tests and blood test, it's probably very unlikely you're pregnant.

Unfortunately, hormonal birthcontrol can cause havok within your body, even if you had previously never had a problem with it. All the symptoms you're having can also be as a result of your body having a reaction of sorts to birth control. Have you been good at taking your pills? Not missing any, etc?

An ultrasound may be a good idea just in case. Either way though, you should see your doctor again to discuss why you are suddenly having such a strange reaction to your pills (if that's what is causing it).

simmonsjn December 20th, 2012 06:21 PM

They just said no - they didnt tell me the numbers