JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Am I Pregnant (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f295-am-i-pregnant/)
-   -   Can symptoms decrease in second week? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f295-am-i-pregnant/2612387-can-symptoms-decrease-second-week.html)

AMSMommy2B January 7th, 2013 04:20 PM

Can symptoms decrease in second week?

Hello everyone, my husband and I have been ttc for a while now. Probably since April of last year. I started keeping track of the length of my cycles but did not do the opk thing until a couple of months ago. Usually something went wrong, and we were a day or two too late. By something wrong, I mean, I did not test frequently, I was sick, Hubby or I were out of town, etc...

Anyway, thankfully, this is the first month we actually had everything lined up. I have the OV watch, and it told me my first fertile day was the 27th, so my HH and I tried on the 27th, 28th, the 29th and 30th. On the 29th at 10 pm I got a positive OPK, I tested again in the morning and at 4 and they were also positive. It was negative by 10 pm that night (thankfully I test twice or otherwise i would have missed it!!).

Anyway, starting Tuesday or Wednesday (3-4 days after my positive opk) i started feeling a weird pinching feeling in my left and right (more so on the left) and then that turned into a pinching feeling in the middle of my lower stomach, right above my pelvic bone. On Thursday (5 days after positive opk) i starte getting this weird feeling behind my belly button as if someone was pulling on it. I thought I may have a hernia.

Anyway, the weird pinching and pulling lasted until yesterday. Very briefly yesterday I went into a hot tub that was slightly warmer than luke warm. Not hot at all. I let the jet hit my lower back for less than a minute and I got out. I was concerned and did not want to risk anything.

Anyway, my left side/back has been hurting since (not sure if that has anything to do with potential pregnancy) but I noticed that the feeling I have been having have decreased and almost subsided..... could I have done something here that ruined my chance? is it normal that my symptoms have decreased? the only thng that increased is breast tenderness. Up until last night, my breasts wwere just a little tender but from last night to today, they are much more tender. My breasts usually get tender before my period. IN fact, last cycle my breasts were tender 11 days before my period started...

Any help or advice would be much appreciated! Thanks. Oh and period is due Jan. 11 or 12

mommamindy January 7th, 2013 04:47 PM

Re: Can symptoms decrease in second week?

Everything sounds perfectly normal to me! I don't think there's anything you have done to "ruin your chance". In fact, it all sounds very promising! Symptoms can come and go, just as you're experiencing, especially before you've even missed a period. Later, they can come go, and you only have to be worried if it seems like all your symptoms disappear and don't return within a couple days. Your breast tenderness sounds very promising! In fact, if it were me only 4-5 days from expected AF, I would start testing in the morning. Of course, if you're self-disciplined, it's best to wait until your expected period. Good Luck and Keep Us Posted!

AMSMommy2B January 7th, 2013 04:55 PM

Thanks so much Mommamindy!!! You are the best.

Oh and FYI, I had just ordered some of the early response tests and they came in the mail today. I decided to just try one this evening, but of course it was negative. I know I should have waited at least until the morning but I was curious. haha :) I think I am going to wait until this weekend to test again.

Thanks again for your response!!! <3

mommamindy January 7th, 2013 09:51 PM

You tested just as I would have! : ) Of course, a negative doesn't have much basis at this point like you said. Can't wait to hear an update again soon! Good Luck!

bella88 January 8th, 2013 02:58 AM

Your symptoms sound great to me for implantation. You can't stay hurting forever, the baby has to get done burrowing in sometime ;). Even if you had a total absence of all pregnancy symptoms that wouldn't mean you are out. Good luck and hope you get your bfp!

KMH January 8th, 2013 03:09 AM

I think what you described sounds very promising! Good luck!

Onelove121 January 8th, 2013 12:16 PM

Sounds promising!!!!!!! GL!!!!!

AMSMommy2B January 8th, 2013 07:21 PM

You guys are all so amazing! Thanks so much for all the encouragement! Hope it's good news soon! Wish you all the best as well! Thanks again! <3

Babybear4 January 8th, 2013 07:54 PM

good luck!

AMSMommy2B January 10th, 2013 05:09 AM

Guys I wanted to update you. I took another test this morning (I couldn't wait till Sunday like I planned ;)) and it came back with a second line that is very very light. I am supposed to start my period Sunday or Monday so this would be 2 to 3 days before the start of my period. I am really excited but hope all is well. I will take another one tomorrow morning and hope it is darker. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks for all your support! Oh and I am attaching a pic. Hopefully u can see the line! :)

Ok nm I can't post pic from phone. Will try to post later

Nikki0770 January 10th, 2013 06:31 AM

Congrats!!~~

AMSMommy2B January 10th, 2013 07:42 AM

Thanks so much! I think I am going to try testing this afternoon. I am cramping a bit as if my af is coming. Hopefully that's not the case and that the line gets darker soon!

AMSMommy2B January 10th, 2013 09:47 AM

sorry to do this, I have to post at least 10 times before I can post a pic. Please ignore the following posts! :D

AMSMommy2B January 10th, 2013 09:57 AM

AMSMommy2B January 10th, 2013 10:02 AM

2014 Offshoremama78 January 10th, 2013 10:02 AM

Your killing me!!! :D

AMSMommy2B January 10th, 2013 10:03 AM

haha I am sorry, I am done. THe picture still did not work! lol

I am sorry!!! o:)

mommamindy January 10th, 2013 01:08 PM

I'm stalking your other topic now, waiting for the pictures to be fixed! Congratulations! Cramping is very normal!

AMSMommy2B January 10th, 2013 01:55 PM

haha thanks so much Mommamindy!!! I really appreciate your comments. THey made me feel so much better!

And the pic is up on the other post, but I will post it here again too for convenience

http://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...cf9a05f860.jpg

bella88 January 10th, 2013 10:36 PM

woohoo, congratulations!!!!!!