JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Am I Pregnant (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f295-am-i-pregnant/)
-   -   3 Days Late, BFN, Never Happened Before (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f295-am-i-pregnant/2636773-3-days-late-bfn-never-happened-before.html)

marieintheclouds March 21st, 2013 03:31 PM

3 Days Late, BFN, Never Happened Before

I usually have normal 28-day cycles. Occasionally, AF will start a day or two early or a day or two late, but when that happens, I've always had spotting right on time. AF is 3 days late, and I haven't spotted at all. My bbs and lower back are sore off and on. I also have a little cramping occasionally. I keep swearing that AF has started, run to check, and nothing.

I've taken 6 HPTs now with the last ones being taken yesterday, and they were all BFNs. Unfortunately, I have no idea when I ovulated or what my temps have been so no way of knowing how many DPO I am.

I don't really know what to think at this point, and the wait is killing me. Is it possible that I could be pregnant or more likely that I'm not? Any advice, stories, etc.?

Loving6 March 21st, 2013 04:11 PM

Re: 3 Days Late, BFN, Never Happened Before

Sounds like you ovulated later than normal. I'd give it a couple days and retest if no period. When I was TTC with my daughter Ava I started charting and using ovulation predictors tests, anyways I ovulated 2 weeks late, I have never ever done that before,I would have missed my chance to conceive if I hadn't charted,I would have been waiting 2 weeks not knowing what was going on. I can say even if you have always been like clock work,never late,you can have an off cycle,I hope you find out either way soon,waiting in limbo is the worst!

marieintheclouds March 21st, 2013 05:32 PM

Thank you! Waiting is definitely the worst! Obviously, I desperately want a BFP but even if it's a BFN, I just want AF to arrive so we can try again. If nothing has happened by the end of the weekend, I'll probably schedule an appointment with my doctor since then I'd be a week late.

marieintheclouds March 22nd, 2013 05:47 AM

AF is now 4 days late and still no spotting or sign of her arriving. I'm not going to test again until tomorrow morning though.

momology March 22nd, 2013 12:45 PM

I agree with the pp - it could be that you ovulated late this cycle. I will keep my Fx for you!! KUP!

:dust::dust::dust::dust:

marieintheclouds March 22nd, 2013 01:48 PM

Thank you!

I talked to my nurse today, explained what's going on, and asked her advice. She told me that given my medical history and current symptoms, she would be surprised if I wasn't pregnant. She also told me that she doesn't consider a HPT 99% accurate until AF is at least a week late.

While it was nice to hear that she thinks I'm pregnant and it's just too soon to test, I'm still not getting my hopes up. I would hate to assume that I'm pregnant only to get crushed.

cutenurse24 March 22nd, 2013 03:01 PM

I think you ovulated late this cycle. Fingers corssed for you!!! Hoping you get your bfp!!!!

marieintheclouds March 22nd, 2013 03:31 PM

Thank you! I'm doing my best to remain calm and relaxed and trust that whatever is meant to happen is likely going to happen soon. :)

marieintheclouds March 23rd, 2013 09:18 AM

5 days late, no sign at all of AF, and another BFN. :(

I'm leaving on a trip to go visit my family on Friday, and since I only see them twice a year, I really want to be able to tell them the good news in person if it turns out to be a BFP. Waiting is the worst.

At what point should I resort to a blood test if still no AF and no BFP?