JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Am I Pregnant (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f295-am-i-pregnant/)
-   -   Scared to Test Due to Being Disappointed With a BFN-Symptom Advice? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f295-am-i-pregnant/2641053-scared-to-test-due-to-being-disappointed-bfn-symptom-advice.html)

SurferRosa April 5th, 2013 09:16 PM

Scared to Test Due to Being Disappointed With a BFN-Symptom Advice?

Hi All,
I guess I've experienced all journeys of pregnancy, from being a scared teen mom, to the frustrations of TTC for four yrs with finally a wonderful surprise. My children range in age from 19yrs, 16 yrs and a 1 yr old. I'm hoping I'm expecting again so that my youngest has a sibling close to her age.
So before I go out and spend money on a HPT, I would love to hear your thoughts/experiences.

I'm 5 days late, which is odd due to my cycles being very regular. I have period-like cramps all day since i was supposed to get AF (I remember having bad cramps early on, even going in for U/S to rule out ectopic with my last pregnancy). I had some pinkish spotting a couple days prior to AF due date then on day I was supposed to get it, it was brown spotting with a small, brown "clot?/tissue" the spotting was a slight amount and just lasted a few hrs. No more spotting since then. I feel super tired, but I work 12 hr day and night shifts. I've had some slight dizzy spells and hot flashes with a low grade temp of 37.2-37.9 and I'm 37 yrs old so i'm not sure if it's perimenopausal?? OK, TMI alert, but my CM is clear, at times slightly yellow, best described as if you "blow your nose" consistency.
So, what do you think? Anyone else had these symptoms and pregnant?

jeragiz April 6th, 2013 07:25 PM

Re: Scared to Test Due to Being Disappointed With a BFN-Symptom Advice?

I do not have an answer for you just wanted to post and say best of luck to you and I would def test and find an answer I hope

shana1979 April 7th, 2013 06:13 AM

At now 7 days late, if you haven't tested and AF hasn't come, it's definitely time to test.

SurferRosa April 7th, 2013 09:56 AM

Re:UPDATE- Scared to Test Due to Being Disappointed With a BFN-Symptom Advice?

So, i guess my DH got tired of waiting and went out and picked up a HPT without me knowing, and of course, I had to use it. Well.....I GOT A BFP!!!!:excited: I'm still in shock. My DH and I were trying to get pregnant with our last child for 4 years when I finally gave up and accepted that I can't have anymore children. I then found out I was expecting and had a beautiful healthy baby girl who is now 13 months (I have 2 older children from a previous marriage and I was much younger). I expected my chances of getting pregnant again were slim to none. My DH was content to have one child of his own.
So, all you ladies out there that are trying to get that BFP, DON'T GIVE UP!! It took me 4 yrs! Everyone always told me when I was trying, "oh, it will happen when you don't expect it." and that comment made me slightly frustrated, but they were right!
:dust: to you all!

jeragiz April 7th, 2013 10:01 AM

congradulations hope you have a wonderful pregnancy. I to am holding out hope to have one with my husband he has none I have three that do not live with me. I hope it doesn't take four years since illl be 39 this year but ehhh who knows. Best of luck to you

SurferRosa April 7th, 2013 10:59 AM

Thank-you, it sounds like we were in the same boat. I will be 38 this July and my 2 older children are 19 and 16 yrs. So don't give up hope! Good luck to you as well!

Iluvmybabies* April 7th, 2013 11:53 AM

Congratulations!!!!!!

Loving6 April 7th, 2013 08:53 PM

Congratulations!!