JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Am I Pregnant (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f295-am-i-pregnant/)
-   -   Anyone know what is wrong with my body? Hereditary? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f295-am-i-pregnant/2662090-anyone-know-what-wrong-my-body-hereditary.html)

Lilly342 June 28th, 2013 10:54 AM

Anyone know what is wrong with my body? Hereditary?

So, I have not had a period in more than a month. My last one was May 21st-24th. At first, my breast were really sore,but not as much so now. My nipples are still extremely sore/sensitive. I keep getting sharp twinging pains in my lower abdomen, I'm so tired that I can't stand it. After a full night of sleep, I still unintentionally nap during the day. I keep expecting to start at any moment due to cramping and sore breasts for almost 3 weeks. Also, I am normally very regular,but my bowel movements have been...not nearly as often,and I have a lot more c.m. My apologies if that is :tmi:

Ok, so why don't I take a hpt? I did. I have taken 3. I took a $1 test from the dollar general.On the 25th, I took a Rexall brand test that is supposed to let you know BEFORE your missed period. Yesterday, I took the other one since it was a two pack. The two Rexall were very light and had breaks in the lines. They were all three BFN. I have read that it could be because they are blue dye tests,but that seems to coincidental.

Basically, it all comes down to this, I don't know what is going on with my body. If I'm not pregnant, why has my entire system suddenly come to a grinding halt? I'm kind of scared. I really want this to be our first,but if it's not, what is happening? I have an appointment on Monday to have my yearly a1c done, should I ask for a blood pregnancy test? My sister was pregnant with twins and had several negative hpt tests and only found out when she had a blood test. Is that a common occurrence? Is it hereditary? :confused:

Spyctre June 28th, 2013 12:14 PM

Re: Anyone know what is wrong with my body? Hereditary?

I didn't test positive with my first two pregnancies for a long time. Never got a positive with the first, but I had a clear miscarriage at 8 weeks. My second I got my first BFP at 8 weeks.

There's also something called the Hook Effect. I hear it's more common in twin pregnancies. Something about so much HCG that the test can't process it.

Lilly342 June 28th, 2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyctre (Post 27483959)
I didn't test positive with my first two pregnancies for a long time. Never got a positive with the first, but I had a clear miscarriage at 8 weeks. My second I got my first BFP at 8 weeks.

There's also something called the Hook Effect. I hear it's more common in twin pregnancies. Something about so much HCG that the test can't process it.

Wow, that's really interesting. Maybe that's why she couldn't get a positive. She had to argue with her doctor for a blood test, which I thought was ridiculous. I think I will just explain to my doctor what all is going on. I've been having a lot of pain in my lower stomach. It's not that bad,but when I sneeze,lean too far while sitting, or twist around in the shower it's pretty sharp and always in the same spot. Either way, maybe it's something that should be looked into. *fingers crossed for good news* I know asking my physician is the most obvious answer in my case. I'm trying really hard not to feel excited. haha

Lilly342 June 29th, 2013 11:54 AM

Well, I guess negative is my final answer. We're NTNP,but I was really excited to think that this is it! I noticed some spotting today,and I guess that means af is just going to be 2 wks late. :( kinda bummed that this isn't going to happen.