JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Am I Pregnant (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f295-am-i-pregnant/)
-   -   Ok, I need help. I'm so confused. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f295-am-i-pregnant/2663088-ok-i-need-help-im-so-confused.html)

lglong July 2nd, 2013 05:17 PM

Ok, I need help. I'm so confused.

Hi ladies,

I've got to get some feedback on this. I'm trying to figure out when to take a pregnancy test if you think you conceived while on your period. I know the chances of that happening are slim, but I also know that it's possible. My husband and I did the deed two weeks ago on Friday, and I was on the last day of my period. I know that if I were to be pregnant, the date of conception would be that day because I've been battling a bad case of BV and our sex life has slowed down because of it. Exactly one week from Friday I noticed some changes that I couldn't ignore that made me suspicious. One is that I suddenly couldn't drink coffee (I am heavily dependent on coffee and have been for years!). Another is that I was suddenly very upset at the smallest things. My husband could look at me the wrong way and I would end up screaming and crying excessively. Also, I have been experiencing breast soreness which came on a week earlier than it normally does. I'm sorry if this is TMI, but I also have had TERRIBLE, painful gas for a few days now. Finally, I drink a beer or glass of wine on a regular basis and while I realize this is not a common pregnancy symptom, I can't help wonder why in the past week, if I even have one drink, I feel drunk which is highly unusual for me. It's been a week and a half since the last day of my period and my suspected date of conception (if I were to be pregnant) and I have no idea when the best time for me to take a pregnancy test is! Every single piece of information I have found says to take a test the first day of your missed period, but that's assuming you got pregnant somewhere in the middle of your cycle. If I somehow managed to get pregnant at the end of my cycle, then do I have to wait a sold 4 WEEKS to take a test on the day of my missed period?? That seems illogical. It seems to me that I should wait two weeks or so after the day I potentially conceived. Is that right? Someone please give me some clarity!!

GamerMom July 2nd, 2013 05:43 PM

Re: Ok, I need help. I'm so confused.

Good question. Like you said before, this happens very rarely but it is possible. I'm assuming that you would wait it out just like a regular pregnancy so two weeks and you should get your positive. I mean, if you conceived right after your period then the egg is still fertilized and it still implants within 7 to 12 days afterwards. And like any other person, I guess you could test early and get a positive or be late getting your positive. To be honest, I'm no doctor and I can't say for sure this is right. However, being pregnant right after a period or two weeks after, I would think, shouldn't alter the time you have to wait to get your positive. So if I were you and you think you are pregnant, test after two weeks. If you get a negitive, wait it out a few more days and test again.

I know this isn't exactly helpful but at least it's a suggestion outside of the normal response from the internet. And I wish you luck! Here's to that positive I hope you get! :D

lglong July 2nd, 2013 05:55 PM

No, that's very helpful since I can't seem to get any other feedback from search engines. What you're saying is what I've been thinking. Ok, I guess I'll be waiting until this weekend!

Papasgirl July 3rd, 2013 03:14 AM

Oh it's very possible. My last cycle began on March 22. I have 7 day cycles that are 29 days apart. I typically ovulate on CD 15 and I know this because I use OPK's. Well last cycle ended on March 29th. I know this for sure because we were driving home from Florida and I was so relieved it was over! We had not DTD all week while on my cycle plus we were visiting DH's Nana with 6 kids and his mother... In a 2 bedroom condo lol! So, we finally arrived home on Saturday the 30th... No sex that night. The next day was Easter Sunday, march 31... CD9. We DTD that night not thinking about conceiving or anything because my cycle just ended. I should have had another 6 days at least before ovulation. I hadn't even gotten my OPK's for that week because after 4 losses we decided not to try anymore. Well the next day I noticed EWCM but dismissed it as "leftovers." I went to Walmart and saw the OPK's so I thought I would grab A couple. Possible EWCM and I never used that brand OPK. Got home about 11am, took the OPK and it was blazing positive! WHAT?! CD 10 and a positive OPK?? So I took another at about 6pm... Negative... Very negative. Of course, I thought the OPK'S were no good. How could I get a positive on CD10?! That was April 1. I tested on April 11, 10 DPO If the OPK was right and I did ovulate.... And the First Response test was positive. Here I am almost 15 weeks!!! YES IT CAN HAPPEN!!! Sorry for the long story, but I wanted you to get the full picture so you would know that it can happen! Good luck and let us know when you test!

lglong July 3rd, 2013 10:01 AM

Good to know! I have a small update. Today at the office I noticed my temperature was higher than usual. There was no mistaking it b/c my work place is REALLY cold and I have a space heater to keep warm since I have problems with circulation. My temp is usually around the high 97s and low 98s and if it even reaches 99.0 I can feel it. Today I left work and got a thermometer on my lunch break and my temp is at 99.3. Hoping this is another sign for me. We weren't planning on kids for a couple more years, but we'll be thrilled whenever it happens!