JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Am I Pregnant (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f295-am-i-pregnant/)
-   -   Spotting For Two Weeks and Now Late Period???? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f295-am-i-pregnant/2667065-spotting-for-two-weeks-and-now-late-period.html)

Alwayspromising July 21st, 2013 08:43 PM

Spotting For Two Weeks and Now Late Period????

So I want to start by saying in June14 I had a normal period (7days,heavy bleeding)My cycle is every 28-30 days (from the start of last period). I am sexual active and do not use protection with my husband.
So 8 days after my last period I began spotting after intercourse and it seemed to last for two full weeks (June28-July12). Now my period was suppose to start 8days ago (July13) and still has not. I don't suspect the spotting was my period because I am a very heavy bleeder and have been since I was 12 (I am 22). I only used panty liners during this spotting phase. Has anyone ever had prolonged spotting and found out they were pregnant? I am a bit worried.

Oh one other thing the spotting was pink at first and then brownish pink, it was never fresh (red) blood. I know this can't be implantation bleeding so am curious what could have happened.

Alwayspromising July 22nd, 2013 04:03 AM

Re: Spotting For Two Weeks and Now Late Period????

I am now 9days late. I have tried searching google for everything and find no similar stories. This makes it harder for me to understand what's going on. I do have one other thing I've noticed. My nails out of everything are growing and are stronger than ever. I've never had nails so strong which I find odd. I hope I'm just lucky to have good nails.

Alwayspromising July 23rd, 2013 05:02 AM

I am now 10 days late and no period still. I guess I will just keep updated incase anyone has similar events. I know no one responds because no one probably had this issue. In the past I've wasted money on test and I don't want to just yet which is why I haven't tested. I've checked my cervix now and it seems to be quite higher and softer than when I start my period which tells me I won't start just yet and I normally have sore breast, bloating, cravings and breakout before period but nothing yet. It's a bit frustrating.
Could I be pregnant and not have symptoms yet. When I was pregnant years ago I had morning sickness bad and larger breast but this happened at about 8weeks.

Later in the evening: I gave on and bought a $10 clear blue test (non digital) when I went to buy donuts. I ate two donuts and drank quite a bit of water and waited around for 10 min. I was going to wait to test since I didn't need to go pee bad but I made myself go anyway and the test was negative. I would probably just assume I'm not but ill keep y'all updated.

Alwayspromising July 25th, 2013 07:03 PM

I'm going to keep it short but today I am 12 days late and no sign of AF. Not even a speck. If anything changes I will keep posted for those who have interest in this topic.

Spyctre July 26th, 2013 01:06 AM

Have you been under any kind of stress, happy or upsetting? I have had weird bleeding when I experience strong emotions. I had one period to last 2.5 months strait, one where I bled 2 weeks and passed dry clots for 2 weeks after, one that was a month and a half, one where I spotted for a few days every 2 weeks for almost 2 months...

Could it be something like that? The 2 month one happened just 2 weeks after the last normal period. That stress was a much desired new job. =P

Any stress I have seems to delay O by a week or 2.

Alwayspromising July 26th, 2013 07:00 AM

Spyctre, I haven't had any life changes that would put stress on me.TMI but I've been sexually frustrated. Right before spotting occurred I had intercourse which lead to me spotting, it stopped that night so I went at it again the next night and I spotted again but the second time it lasted a few days and then as I noticed it gone I tried to have sex again but it came back. Not being able to have normal sex has been frustrating. That could be the cause, I'm not sure. I had just had pap smear a couple days prior and I checked out okay too (no infections).
I'm going to probably see a doctor cause the last few months in between cycles I tend to spot and not sure if its normal. I just hate my doctor she doesn't listen to her patients concerns, she just assumes everything :(

Alwayspromising July 26th, 2013 05:42 PM

I have an appointment with my doctor August 5th I will keep y'all updated on what's said.

Alwayspromising July 29th, 2013 04:51 AM

Af has arrived two weeks late but she did. Thrilled that I no longer have to worry.