JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Am I Pregnant (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f295-am-i-pregnant/)
-   -   Coming up on a year.... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f295-am-i-pregnant/2684671-coming-up-year.html)

OCBlonde985 October 9th, 2013 01:30 PM

Coming up on a year....

November 1st will mark a year of me being off birth control...somehow we haven't gotten prego :( My friends all say it will prob be hard for me to conceive and take awhile since nothing has happened yet... today's my birthday and I've made 1 wish so far can anyone guess what it was? ;) I have at least 3 left cuz I'm celebrating all week LOL :D I keep gaining weight and had a dream I was the next I didn't know I was prego til I was in labor which freaks me out haha

girlsofsummer October 10th, 2013 05:27 PM

Re: Coming up on a year....

Yes but your cycles have been all over the place, and from what I remember, he was pulling out and you weren't DTD often. And didn't you go off of the pill in the spring or something?

For lots of couples who are actually trying (and by that I mean committed to getting pregnant, tracking ovulation, sex around ovulation, etc) TTC takes coordinated planning and timing, and even then it isn't always easy.

WaitinginNJ October 10th, 2013 06:02 PM

Mine was a year on 10/4. Good Luck to you and I hope you get your birthday wish!

Papasgirl October 11th, 2013 03:32 AM

Happy birthday!!!!!!
It's been a year!? Wow! It's so hard when you want a baby and the SO is flip floppy...sounds like he's on board now with trying, right? Well u hope so and u hope your birthday wishes come true!!!!

OCBlonde985 October 12th, 2013 01:56 PM

Thanks ladies! Yeah he surprised me with DTD last night and this morning... He pulled out but I'm hoping he leaked haha wishful thinking ;) but I had serious globs of EWCM only 6 days after AF ??? Weird but maybe I'm ovulating like crazy now lol anyway he got me a necklace and bracelet last night as a late birthday gift and I'm so happy things are amazing! Hopefully a ring next!

.h00dihoo.this. October 13th, 2013 12:43 PM

i ditto the other poster.. if you are not actively, seriously TTC, a year doesn't seem strange in the least.. some who are actively TTC will take up to a year to get pregnant... you only have what, a 15-25% chance of pregnancy with two completely healthy people who are doing everything right to get pregnant.

caliroo34 October 13th, 2013 05:49 PM

I'm really, really not trying to be a complete jerk here but....I just find it really strange that you're here pining and secretly trying to make a baby with someone who's actively taking steps to not get you pregnant. Now obviously, he could do a better job, ie condoms. But still. Hasn't he stated to you many times that he's not ready?

I mean, I've been there. I was so ready for a baby years ago but was with someone who had other ideas. It was painful. But I would never, ever want to force someone into parenthood when they're not ready. Your SO has told you he wants kids in the future, right? So it's not like it's a never, it's just a "when."

Think of how great it will be when he IS ready and you two can go about baby making in the right away, with both of you on board. Then when you do get a BFP
it'll be total joy and happiness, and not one of you being wary. Even if he's a great dad and more than willing to take on all the responsibilities a child brings, it would still be much more enjoyable if he was actively trying for one.

Obviously just my two cents. I've been following your story for awhile now and just felt I had to say something.

KMH October 14th, 2013 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OCBlonde985 (Post 27715296)
November 1st will mark a year of me being off birth control...somehow we haven't gotten prego :( My friends all say it will prob be hard for me to conceive and take awhile since nothing has happened yet...

Isn't it likely that you haven't gotten pregnant because he wears a condom or pulls out and that he isn't ready to have a baby yet? It is really not healthy to be this obsessed about "accidentally" getting pregnant. Take this time to build and grow in your relationship, mark some things off of your bucket list, and work on being ready for that family (i.e. obtain insurance, save money for baby things, etc.).

It is also not fair that he put you off forever and never give you any answers about when he might be ready, so maybe you guys can have a conversation and work on goal-setting for your relationship.

I was also ready before my DH and it was torture waiting until he was on-board to TTC, but it was absolutely amazing to work as a team to make our family.