JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Am I Pregnant (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f295-am-i-pregnant/)
-   -   Help Please!! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f295-am-i-pregnant/2687983-help-please.html)

mackiejade October 24th, 2013 10:11 AM

Help Please!!

I'm 18 and on the pill, but lately I've been having symptoms of pregnancy.

I'm oddly hungry lately, I've been dizzy/lightheaded, I've been getting headaches, I've been nauseous throughout the day including after I eat sometimes, and my nipples look more brown and bigger, my breasts feel heavier, I've been really tired, and I keep getting really hot and then really cold, I had some cramping for a little bit, I've been sort of constipated and I pee a hell of a lot more than I used to.

Also, yesterday my boyfriend and I got intimate yesterday and when I went to the washroom this morning when I wiped there was brown liquid and a few drops of it on my underwear. I don't know if it's spotting or my period. My periods usually not brown though.

I'm only about a week away from when I should get my period and I'm nervous.

I don't know if this matters but I've been pregnant once before, but I miscarried that one. However, I have the same tingly feeling in my gut as I did then.

What should I do? Could I be pregnant? Is it worth it to test?

mamatomany October 24th, 2013 11:22 AM

Re: Help Please!!

If you're still a week away from your period it's probably not worth it to test. I would wait a little longer. There are some tests that can register a pregnancy within a few days of your period, but I don't think any home pregnancy test will come up positive when you're still a week out.

melaniek85 October 24th, 2013 11:48 AM

Birth control pills are not 100% effective and there are women who end up pregnant while on them. It's a pretty small chance (if you took them as directed) but still a possibility. I wouldn't test yet though, you should wait until your period is due or its late to get an accurate result. Good luck and keep us updated!

susie_q October 24th, 2013 12:00 PM

Bcp always made me nauseous and often times mimicked early pregnancy symptoms because of the synthetic hormones.

Then again, I got pregnant with this one on the pill. I had noooo symptoms prior to my missed period, and waited to test 3 days after it was due.

In my opinion, if you're taking the pill correctly, it's unlikely it's pregnancy, especially since your period is still 7 days away, but the only way to know for sure is to wait until the day of your period then take a test. It happened to me, so anything is possible.

momma_d October 24th, 2013 12:24 PM

If you take your pill at the same time each day, the chances are slim. But nothing is foolproof!

I'd wait a week to test, though!

wifey2josh October 24th, 2013 09:48 PM

I got pregnant with my DD 6 years ago on BC...it's possible!!! But yes, wait a while to test, it could just be PMS symptoms, I get those same symptoms before AF. Or it could be side effects from BC

hevanlynn October 25th, 2013 08:19 AM

I would think that because your period isn't due for another week or so, it would be too early to develop those kinds of pregnancy symptoms. Just drink a lot of water, and go do some exercising. Stress will make AF stay gone longer so... just relax (I know easier said than done) and assume for now that everything is alright.