JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Am I Pregnant (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f295-am-i-pregnant/)
-   -   Pregnancy after BC pills (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f295-am-i-pregnant/2689849-pregnancy-after-bc-pills.html)

Tysmommie November 2nd, 2013 03:25 PM

Pregnancy after BC pills

Just wondering if anyone had trouble after being on the pill? I finished my last pack and just stopped taking them. Week of 10/13 were my placebo pills. 10/16 started my period. 10/20 my first week of no pills. So that weekend we had sex all weekend and some that second week off the pill. I figure the second week is when I would ovulate week of 10/27. I'm getting anxious because I know next week of 11/10. should be my period week.
I have a lot of crazy symptoms but not sure if it could be from coming off the pill or just psychological. Lol We want to get preggers so badly I'm wondering if my symptoms are just in my head. I've been very nauseated no throwing up, very fatigued, and I have been going to the bathroom so much that even he noticed how often I was going.
How long did it take any of you to get pregnant after coming off the pill? My doctor put me on it to regulate my cycles so that we could get pregnant and said when we were ready to finish the pack and stop. I'm trying not to stress but waiting is horrible!! Lol

OCBlonde985 November 2nd, 2013 08:40 PM

Re: Pregnancy after BC pills

Hi there. So not to be a Debbie Downer, but I have been off birth control pills for a year yesterday and we haven't gotten pregnant yet. But one the other hand, we aren't really trying that hard haha we DTD around ovulation and I sorta track and check symptoms but don't chart or actively try. That said everyone is different and I've heard people get prego the first cycle off bc or within the first 6 months... Good luck!

caliroo34 November 2nd, 2013 11:24 PM

I got pregnant 2 and a half weeks after stopping birth control. But everyone is different and you just have to see how your body reacts :)

RedSoxFan84 November 2nd, 2013 11:54 PM

Everyone is different, but some people don't ovulate right after coming off BCP. My cycles were weird, and my flow was even weirder, immediately coming off the pill. That said, I got pregnant my third month off the pill.

shell1981 November 3rd, 2013 01:15 AM

I've always been super fertile. Basically if we dtd without bc, I get pregnant straight away. Only one of my kids was planned. When I was ttc Alex it took 6 months for my body to get back to normal again.

Tysmommie November 4th, 2013 12:44 AM

Thanks ladies. At the beginning of year my cycle was crazy. We thought we were pregnant but the doctor suspects it was a chemical pregnancy because the stick read positive then it didn't. :( so he put me on the pill to regulate things. Next week I should start my period so we will see!! I'm just anxious. If not we will try again in Feb. We are trying not to have the kids birthdays be so close if we can lol

I love this site! Lots of support and great advice

2bigboys November 4th, 2013 04:10 PM

6 months, three months, and while on the pill. Carried first two to term and 9.5 weeks with number three

topato November 4th, 2013 05:02 PM

it took two weeks for af to show when i stopped the pill, and i got pregnant right after that. so... we caught the first egg.

Dalalia November 4th, 2013 07:04 PM

Actually I got pregnant with my son while on birth and my neighbor got pregnant while on the depo shot! I guess it does depend on the person. Everyone's body is different.

pattyandthemoos November 5th, 2013 12:12 PM

Some people are more fertile right after going off the pill. When you go off the pill your body tries real hard to start regulating itself again. Sometimes it can make you more fertile while your body is pushing to get you ovulating on your own again. On the other hand, it can also make your cycles wacky. I've seen girls have irregular cycles for several months after going off the pill. You can also have wacky symptoms that feel like pregnancy symptoms. It could be pregnancy symptoms or it could just be your body trying to get your hormones working again. It's just hard to say. I'd try to pay attention to your fertile signs, especially ewcm.

Also, since your cycles were irregular before you went on the pill, they may go back to being irregular. If you have some sort of underlying condition that is causing your cycles to be irregular, you may want to talk to your doctor about that.

Rachel November 5th, 2013 05:23 PM

I have no personal experience, but I would say it probably depends on the woman and what sort of BC you were taking.

I stopped using the NuvaRing and was pregnant a few months later (miscarried) and then it took me 8 more months to get pregnant again.