JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Am I Pregnant (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f295-am-i-pregnant/)
-   -   I had 4 faint positive pregnancy tests, but the clinic test came back negative? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f295-am-i-pregnant/2696220-i-had-4-faint-positive-pregnancy-tests-but-clinic-test-came-back-negative.html)

littlelioness December 4th, 2013 10:09 AM

I had 4 faint positive pregnancy tests, but the clinic test came back negative?

I had taken 3 hpt's that all came back with a faint positive so I went to the clinic yesterday around 3:30pm or so. They did another urine test, only that came back negative. I took another one this morning and it came out a positive again (still faint but a little darker than the others). I make sure to check it every time within the allotted lapse of time instructed by the tests.

Is it possible that the clinic's test was reading a false negative or should I not get my hopes up?

(I would post a picture, but I don't think I'm allowed to yet since I'm a new member.)

Rachel December 4th, 2013 10:32 AM

Re: I had 4 faint positive pregnancy tests, but the clinic test came back negative?

It's possible that the clinic's tests were not as sensitive as the one you took. Can you take a digital?

Emma and Avas mommy December 4th, 2013 10:39 AM

Re: I had 4 faint positive pregnancy tests, but the clinic test came back negative?

did you go to a free clinic or a doc office? i would suggest contacting a doc and have them do a blood draw

you can post pics i think after you have posted 5 times

Danielle80 December 4th, 2013 01:34 PM

The dr's tests are not as sensitive as FRERs. I went to my dr and had been testing faint pos for 5 days and it still came back neg.. I had them do a blood draw and it was pos. you can ask if they will do a blood test or just wait until your lines get darker and go back for another urine.

Blue Eyes 409 December 4th, 2013 04:41 PM

I agree it could be to early to show on their test. I would wait a couple days and go back to have it confirmed. Good luck.

pattyandthemoos December 5th, 2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danielle80 (Post 27837354)
The dr's tests are not as sensitive as FRERs. I went to my dr and had been testing faint pos for 5 days and it still came back neg.. I had them do a blood draw and it was pos. you can ask if they will do a blood test or just wait until your lines get darker and go back for another urine.

This is what I was going to say. The doctor's tests are not as sensitive. I've seen lots of girls get negative tests at their doctors when they were pregnant because they just don't use super sensitive tests. I'd get a digital test or ask for a blood test.