JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Am I Pregnant (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f295-am-i-pregnant/)
-   -   I need a urgent response. I am so scared. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f295-am-i-pregnant/2701621-i-need-urgent-response-i-am-so-scared.html)

ashleysworried January 4th, 2014 05:57 PM

I need a urgent response. I am so scared.

Today is january the 4th. my period was due on january 2nd. instead of the usual blood i had several instances of brown discharge but when i wiped there was some blood.
backstory:

i have been on birth control for coming up on a year for body issues. i had unprotected sex on december the 20th. i have a slightly irregular period.

so on the day of my period i had some brown discharge. the next day i had some more brown discharge later on. took a pregnancy test. Negative. later that evening i had a bloody and brown discharge like period. the next day woke up with nothing. later on i had just slight light brown discharge and my panties were soaked with a clear watery liquid. not much of an odor either.

me and my boyfriend are so scared. i know implantation happens before your period begins. and brown usually means old blood. before my period began i had horrible horrible cramps. and when period began i had normal period cramps on and off. as we speak i am having terrible cramps.

am i pregnant? is this brown stuff my period or like implantation? i need help. please. i am so scared.

JennyForrest January 4th, 2014 06:04 PM

Re: I need a urgent response. I am so scared.

I'm sorry you are going through this, but no one can tell you if your pregnant. Only a hpt or blood test can. At 2 days late you should have an obvious positive if you are pregnant. Good luck!

Sassafrass January 4th, 2014 06:07 PM

Only way you will know is if you test. If you are 2 days late you should definitely see a + if you are pg.

ashleysworried January 4th, 2014 06:20 PM

i took a hpt. clear blue +/- and it came out to be negative. so what does all this mean.

i feel like i have swollen breasts and major cramps and slight back pain. headaches at night too

JennyForrest January 4th, 2014 06:21 PM

Negative means not pregnant

ZZ0607 January 4th, 2014 07:08 PM

Give it a few more days and test again. And maybe try seeing a pregnancy center, they may be able to ease your mind. I hope things work out for you. :)

HawaiiMakuahine January 4th, 2014 07:08 PM

I would also say no your not. If your really scared you should go into your doctor and do an HCG test. Then you can also have a definite answer.

ashleysworried January 4th, 2014 08:19 PM

Thank you for the fast responses. From what I've posted, what is telling you guys that I am not pregnant?!

HopingForLittleFeet January 4th, 2014 08:55 PM

Perhaps the negative pregnancy tests when you are past your period due date? We have no way of knowing for sure either way. I would say no because your period is late and you still aren't getting a positive. If you really want to know, as many have said, go see a dr

ashleysworried January 5th, 2014 11:46 AM

today I have terrible lower left back pain. my panties were soaked with a clear discharge. but no more brown or anything at all. just cramps, lower back pain, swollen breasts, and terrible headaches in my eyes. help. im so scared. I cant go to the doctor because If I am pregnant I don't want myparents to find out yet.

HeartHelloKitty January 5th, 2014 11:53 AM

It really sounds like you need to go to the doctor, whether it not its pregnancy. There's not much we'll be able to do for you, unfortunately.

ashleysworried January 5th, 2014 02:19 PM

but everyone says not pregnant because of a negative test. Thanks. my worries are down some. anyone know what the brown discharge could mean?

kruff79 January 5th, 2014 04:33 PM

Ashley, I have a couple questions for you. First off, how old are you and how long have you been sexually active? Next, are you still on a form of birth control? And lastly, why would you not want your parents involved if you were pregnant? I do want to suggest that if you still have not had what you would consider a normal period you should go see your doctor, just to rule out pregnancy or an infection (such as yeast or bacterial vaginosis) of any kind. I would also suggest that if you are having sex without condoms you might want to consider having STD testing done every few months, just to be on the safe side.

ashleysworried January 5th, 2014 09:03 PM

I am 18. Only had sex with one guy that I am currently with. I am still on birth control and have been on it for almost a year. Me and him have been dating a year and 6 months. Have had sex like 4, 5 times.

kruff79 January 5th, 2014 09:31 PM

Okay, with you still on birth control I think it's probably safe to assume (along with a negative pregnancy test) that you are not pregnant. If you continue to worry about pregnancy add condoms to your routine along with the birth control you already take. Doubling up can't hurt, and using condoms every time protects you from the possibilities of STDs, especially considering that there are a number of them that do not show symptoms in men but can be damaging to female fertility. And even if your current boyfriend doesn't have any it's a good habit to get into. That way if he's not the last man you have sex with you have set yourself up to be protected. As for the not normal period you just had, I do still suggest you make a trip to see your doctor. At 18 your confidentiality is yours, if you don't want your doctor to talk to your parents about your health they can't. You are a legal adult, and have gained the responsibility of being the boss of your body and health. Obviously I am not your parents so I can't speak for them, but have told both of my teenagers that if they think they are old enough to make a decision to have sex that I expect them to also be old enough to talk to me about it. You may want to consider talking to your mom or dad about sex (even if you dont' tell them everything yet) but start the conversation. Sometimes it can be easier to air some things out instead of hiding them.

Zukin January 5th, 2014 09:31 PM

Your parents have no control over what you do anymore once you're 18. I would go to a doctor to verify. I also would not have unprotective sex at all if you or your boyfriend are not ready to have a child...

Rachel January 6th, 2014 09:44 AM

Sounds like just a weird period. Birth control can do that to you. I would trust the negative tests! Good luck!

ashleysworried January 7th, 2014 08:08 AM

Well, I have lost like 7 pounds. I can barely eat. I take about two bites and I am completely full. I have no other symptoms right now. What is causing this full feeling and weight loss.

Crunchymommy January 7th, 2014 03:07 PM

I would go to a dr. There is nothing else anyone here can tell you. You are on birth control so it is very unlikely that you are pregnant. I would absolutely go to the dr and see what is going on. Good luck to you.

HeartHelloKitty January 7th, 2014 07:09 PM

There's no way we would be able to tell you what's causing it. You need to see a doctor.