JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Am I Pregnant (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f295-am-i-pregnant/)
-   -   BREASTFEEDING Am I Pregnant? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f295-am-i-pregnant/2709819-breastfeeding-am-i-pregnant.html)

Rosie 2014 February 24th, 2014 09:27 PM

BREASTFEEDING Am I Pregnant?

Hi! I am currently breastfeeding my 10 month old baby. I however have started my period again. Ugh! I've had 2 periods and last week I thought I was a week or more late for my third period. The first day of my third period I had mainly brown spotting and the next day I bled pretty heavily. For the next couple days after that I had pink and more brown spotting. I don't usually have that much brown blood. This really isn't like me so I decided to take a pregnancy test to just see and it was negative. Now I'm about 5 days past my period and feeling very constipated, bloated, lots of gas, nauseous, back pain, and some mild lower stomach cramps more like twitches. I was curious if anyone has experienced anything like this or any thoughts advice would be lovely! THANKS!

mamatomany February 24th, 2014 11:47 PM

Re: BREASTFEEDING Am I Pregnant?

I do not think you are. Periods during breastfeeding are notorious for being irregular and odd. I just had my third period and am breastfeeding my one year old. The cycles have varied in length by quite a bit.

I would trust your negative test. If it would make you feel better you could test again in another week.

pattyandthemoos February 25th, 2014 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamatomany (Post 27973257)
I do not think you are. Periods during breastfeeding are notorious for being irregular and odd. I just had my third period and am breastfeeding my one year old. The cycles have varied in length by quite a bit.

I would trust your negative test. If it would make you feel better you could test again in another week.

ITA. My periods were totally wacked and irregular when I was bfing. I remember having a lot of brown spotting with my periods when I was bfing. I think it's probably just that your body is a little out of wack right now.

Rosie 2014 February 25th, 2014 08:00 AM

I've had more frequent urination and I thought I potentially had a urinary tract infection. I had a work up done at my doctor and that came back negative. So I'm not sure what is exactly going on.

Rachel February 25th, 2014 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamatomany (Post 27973257)

Yeah, I agree. I am still breastfeeding my 2 year old and my cycles are weird.

AmyLM February 25th, 2014 10:22 AM

My periods are always irregular when I'm bfing; really long cycles mostly. I track my ovulation on fertilityfriend. That being said, I had 1 post partum period in December at 10months pp. I am now pregnant. This is my 3rd time getting pg while bfing! So, yes it's possible but sounds like you aren't.