JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   April 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1865-april-2013-playroom/)
-   -   How to stop waking up famished? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1865-april-2013-playroom/2560094-how-to-stop-waking-up-famished.html)

Missa_Mae August 11th, 2012 05:02 AM

How to stop waking up famished?

OMG I can't take it anymore...I don't know what to do!

I eat before bed, not a ton for obvious reasons but lately it's been a bowl of cherrios, a banana, a glass of milk about 1/2 before sleep ... and I've been waking up feeling like I haven't eaten in days. I'm shaking, weal, so hungry I'm nauseous.

Any tips?

People tell me not to eat before bed because it speeds up your metobolism but for those who don't know I'm pregnanct don't know my metobolism has already sped up!

Crackers by the bed? Although I don't know if I can force myself to eat when I get up to pee ...

ThaiSpice August 11th, 2012 05:13 AM

I had to keep food by the bed last time. I got to where I couldn't even sit up without throwing up, unless I ate something. I was also starving, too. Your blood sugar is usually at its lowest when you first wake up, and low blood sugar can cause you to feel very hungry, shaky, and nauseated. Eating more protein can help some, as well as eating something when you first wake up. Cereal, banana, and milk are all fairly sugary, so that might be causing your blood sugar to spike, and then crash, so that your starving and shaky when you wake up. Eating a snack higher in protein before bedtime might help...although to a certain extent, our appetites will be increased anyway, so it might just happen anyway.

MaineBean August 11th, 2012 05:29 AM

Re: How to stop waking up famished?

I used to keep Slimfast in the fridge for easy to eat midnight snacking. I obviously wasn't trying to lose weight, but I liked having something I could quickly chug and go back to bed without feeling massively full, and they are supposed to be a meal replacement so I figured it had enough to keep me satiated until morning. I'm sure something like Ensure or other "shakes" would work.

Of course, they are all really gross at room temp, so if you need to keep it by your bed, that might not be a great option.

kimberley August 11th, 2012 06:36 AM

I started feeling the same way this morning. I was so hungry I felt like throwing up. I love eggs, so I'm going to boil a bunch and keep em in the fridge for a quick protien snack.

Missa_Mae August 11th, 2012 06:44 AM

What other snacks are high in protein that I could eat before bed (or during the night) - I so need to see a nutritionist!

kimberley August 11th, 2012 06:50 AM

Peanut butter?

audiesmommy August 11th, 2012 07:26 AM

i do toast when i first wake up and a juice the toast helps me not feel hungry and the juice helps me not be dizzy. iv herd crakers and peanut butter are a great snack. or a smothie with greek yogert and some fruite might help when you get up. just some thoughts. ill be watching this threaad for ideas to!

Capeladybug August 11th, 2012 07:48 AM

Penut butter, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, nuts, edemame, all are very high in protein and will regulate your sugar better.

Purple_cat August 11th, 2012 12:19 PM

You might try changing your before bed snack to something higher in protein and fat. Peanut butter on toast might help you wake up feeling better. Or maybe some cottage cheese and a piece of fruit?