JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   April 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1865-april-2013-playroom/)
-   -   When did or will you announce on fb? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1865-april-2013-playroom/2574336-when-did-will-you-announce-fb.html)

KrissyS September 17th, 2012 12:40 PM

When did or will you announce on fb?

I fell much better now that I'm almost to 10 weeks I am well aware something could happen at any time buutttt. When did or when will you announce on face book I found this pic
http://i852.photobucket.com/albums/a...6DE51F2064.jpg
My last name is santa so I thought of uploading this And putting santa is bringing me a late christmas gift but I just dont know when

Missa_Mae September 17th, 2012 01:13 PM

Re: When did or will you announce on fb?

that is a cute idea!

I announced last week when I was 9 weeks. I have seen the baby twice so far and it's growing perfect and has a great HB so I feel pretty confident. I know anything could happen but I want to let myself be excited :)

MaineBean September 17th, 2012 01:14 PM

I would never before the first tri- I'm too nervous and have seen friends have to take it back, and it's heartbreaking.

I'll hear the heartbeat (god willing) Oct 1, but am going to wait for FB until close to Halloween after we have our annual party. I'll be around 15 weeks and hope to have a decent bump for my Fargo Halloween costume. I'll post a pic with a caption about family member #4 joining in the annual holiday fun. By then I'll feel totally in the clear and don't mind letting the cat out of the bag.

KrissyS September 17th, 2012 01:27 PM

I've seen baby 2 time I saw the heartbeat and I hope at my apt On we'd I can hear the hb I may wait until 12 or 13 weeks I'm just itching to but yea the last thing I want to have to do is take It back

MeAgain September 17th, 2012 01:35 PM

I don't even know if I want to announce on FB anymore. I was keeping quiet until last Friday. I told my mom as a secret and told her that I would not tell anyone else until I was 12 weeks. Well, she didn't listen to me. Within minutes, all of my sisters found out (we are 4) and my dad. On Saturday, I had to go to a wedding even though I was puking my guts out, so my cousins and my uncle found out too (It was too obvious!) And the on Sunday my mom comes to my house to visit me because she knows that I had a terrible weekend and guess what? She told more people at the church. I didn't want to make her feel bad, I know she is excited but I am so mad that my request meant nothing to her.

Sneetch September 17th, 2012 02:00 PM

I don't have a plan. Our families know and most of our good friends know. I won't do it until after my next appointment (next Monday), but maybe longer. I don't feel that anxious about it. I might wait until we know the gender.

Twirlbird September 17th, 2012 02:08 PM

First pregnancy, announced at maybe 8 weeks on fb.

This pregnancy, we told close friends and family when I found out, amd I outted myself on twitter, but not fb, not sure why not, just not feeling as connected I think

Purple_cat September 17th, 2012 02:10 PM

I am not sure if I will ever announce on FB. I'll probably just post pictures once the baby is here. I am not even planning to tell my family until Christmas, so it certainly won't be before then! :giggle:

seri0uslyc0nfused September 17th, 2012 02:58 PM

We are probably going to do it in 2 weeks (Oct 3rd) after seeing the babies again. I will be 12 weeks and it will be the 3rd time seeing them so I think I will comfortable by then.

Kenya September 17th, 2012 03:12 PM

We announced a week ago since we got a sneak peak at our little bean and felt confident with seeing the heart beat that things would be okay.

blueeyes25s September 17th, 2012 04:03 PM

I think I will wait until 12 weeks.

redfishbluefish September 17th, 2012 04:07 PM

I'm probably going to announce on Oct 8th - the day my son turns 18 months. I'll be 14 weeks by then and should be able to hear the heartbeat on that day as well at my appointment. I do a monthly milestones post about my son with a picture (though I've been lazy since he turned a year but I think it's ok because I'll just do 18 months then two years :P) and I'm going to put him in his big brother shirt and make one of his milestones finding out he's going to be a big brother :)

ThaiSpice September 17th, 2012 05:45 PM

Not sure yet. We seem to be having a tough time telling our siblings & close family (for various reasons), and we aren't going public on FB until we do all of that first. Hopefully within a few weeks. I don't like keeping the secret.

nameetog September 17th, 2012 06:43 PM

I know as soon as I tell my family it will come out on FB. I have family far away I only have contact with via FB so they will congratulate I'm sure. Last time with my daughter I told immediate family only and within hours several extended family members posted my news. I'll tell my few in real life girlfriends in person that matter to me to tell and my message boards gal friends already know, they always get the real dirt ; ) That is a super cute idea though, great pic to go with your name!

11eleven September 17th, 2012 07:57 PM

I'm going to announce on facebook by the end of the week. I just had "pregnancy reveal" photos taken with my photographer and hopefully she'll finish editing them soon. as soon as I get them I will post here!

rverrone11 September 17th, 2012 10:27 PM

I don't think I'm going to announce on facebook. I don't really post many status updates; I just respond to people's pictures and use it for various groups that I'm part of. I'll probably just post pics once baby is born.

jacquifef September 18th, 2012 01:12 AM

I think I'll just change my profile pic when I have a large enough bump for it to be obvious! By then all my close friends should know anyway. I've got a graduation (both me and DH) coming up as well, so maybe that will provide good pics of bumpiness!

Tamimomof5 September 18th, 2012 04:50 AM

I don't know if I will make any announcement on facebook. This is my 6th child so I don't look forward to all the rude comments from people who think that 2 is the perfect family! I have quite a few judgemental people on there. My family already know so that's all that matters.

Kennydra September 18th, 2012 06:55 AM

We announced pretty early. I didn't have much choice b/c I told my DH I would rather wait, but he was so excited he told our pastor, his coworkers, and his uncle who then told his aunt and I knew it would just spread after that. Plus DH said something to me that made sense, he made the point that if we were to lose the baby is it something I would really want to hide and grieve by myself? I would definitely need the support of my family and friends, but that is me.

HalfDozen September 18th, 2012 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeAgain (Post 26542028)
I don't even know if I want to announce on FB anymore. I was keeping quiet until last Friday. I told my mom as a secret and told her that I would not tell anyone else until I was 12 weeks. Well, she didn't listen to me. Within minutes, all of my sisters found out (we are 4) and my dad. On Saturday, I had to go to a wedding even though I was puking my guts out, so my cousins and my uncle found out too (It was too obvious!) And the on Sunday my mom comes to my house to visit me because she knows that I had a terrible weekend and guess what? She told more people at the church. I didn't want to make her feel bad, I know she is excited but I am so mad that my request meant nothing to her.

I know exactly how you feel! However, I think sometimes our parents/friends/other family get so excited that there will be a new baby. I don't think it's deliberately going against your wishes. They just want to share it with their friends and family. I don't even think they realize the sheer volume of people that they are telling, who then tell a few more, who then tell some more, and so on....

Sorry!!!!