JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   April 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1865-april-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Soooo.... not great.... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1865-april-2013-playroom/2631828-soooo-not-great.html)

MsRK March 5th, 2013 07:37 AM

Soooo.... not great....

... First the good news... I had my last appointment with MFM today and my little sweetie is doing so well. He is 6lbs 2oz at 51st percentile. His heart rate is 142 and he was just as active as always. Plenty of fluid around him and just looking fantastic. He is head down with his back facing my belly.. And VERY low down. The tech had to go well below my pubic hair line just to get a measurement of his head. So he is perfectly in place for delivery. The doctor came in and said, "This baby couldn't get anymore perfect if he tried." I was so elated and happy!

Then we started to discuss my blood pressure problems and he sent me downstairs to the regular OB office with his report on the baby and he wanted them to check my urine and pressure and do another blood draw. Well my pressure was up again. 140/98 but I also had increased protein in my urine this time. :(

So the OB doctor reviewed everything with my MFM doctor and they concluded that I am definitely getting Pre-E.. its "mild" right now but its coming on and he said that they don't play around with Pre-E for any reason because when it gets bad its REALLY bad. So they have decided to induce me at 37 weeks now. :( Which is 1 week and 1 day away. He made another appointment for me on Thursday and another on tuesday for nonstress, blood draw and of course pressure and urine check. He said that if for any reason it gets more elevated than it is they will induce me.. but they want to get me to 37 weeks and they will induce me regardless at that point.

My husband and I tried to ask if there were any other avenues that we can take, if I could try blood pressure medications etc.. and they said if I were JUST having problems with my blood pressure they could try. But once Pre-E starts to rear its head its like "playing with fire" to delay the delivery. He said it's also complicated by the fact that I have diabetes and am advanced maternal age.

I started tearing up while talking to him because I didn't want them to take the baby so soon. But he said if I had NOTHING wrong and I went into labor on my own at 37 weeks they would do nothing to stop it at that point either because I am considered full term. He said that the baby is looking fantastic and is at a great weight as well so he will be ok at 37 weeks and the risk of Pre-E is too great for them to try to let him stay in longer.

They put me back on bed rest until then and I guess that I am having my baby soon. I'm so darn scared now and I'm trying not to worry and fret because that will only screw my pressure more.

What a day..........

ThaiSpice March 5th, 2013 07:48 AM

Re: Soooo.... not great....

:( Sorry you didn't get better news today. But it makes me feel better to know that they are being so diligent and taking the potential pre-E very seriously. I have to agree that the risk would be too great to delay delivery if you do have pre-E. Just know that you have done a fantastic job keeping him healthy and safe this long, and it sounds like you have doctors who are on top of things. Fingers crossed that he stays put for another week and a day! :grouphug:

bananamagic March 5th, 2013 07:50 AM

Sorry to hear things with you are not going so well but good news is baby is doing great! Even tho it is a little early, at least you are almost at 37 weeks already so baby is really close to term already. My Dr also told me she wouldn't stop labor next week if it started. My DD was born at 37 1/2 weeks at 6lbs 4oz and was just perfect, no problems at all. Try to relax so your blood pressure stays down (easier said than done I know), take care of yourself and your baby, and just think you will soon be holding your precious little boy in your arms.

:hug:

Cortney6983 March 5th, 2013 07:52 AM

That's stressful! Crazy to think in a weeks time you will have your bundle of joy! Not the way you had hoped but the good thing is he is healthy and doing great! Keep us updated for sure!

MommysPocket March 5th, 2013 08:01 AM

I know how much you want to keep baby baking but Pre E is def not something to mess around with. :( Just know we are all thinking and praying for you! Keep us updated and rest!

Mel_Kay March 5th, 2013 08:02 AM

Oh bummer! I know that's not the news you wanted to hear. Atleast baby is looking good, my two younger boys were born at 37 weeks, they both weighed 7lbs2oz and had no problems at all. The only issue they did have was being too sleepy and hard to wake up for feedings, but that was the extent of their troubles.

kitt March 5th, 2013 08:12 AM

Oh no sorry to hear about the Pre-e! Just know it isn't your fault and its a great thing it developed later than earlier! Now at least baby will be full term when he is born and you didnt have to deal with the blood pressure probs before. Everything will turn out great mama!

HalfDozen March 5th, 2013 08:16 AM

Sorry about the pre-eclampsia!! No fun for sure, but it's definitely something you don't want to mess around with. I can also see their point about the medication. If they were certain it wasn't pre-eclampsia, it would be a completely different story. I do know how scary it is to have an induction scheduled before you anticipated!! Hang in there!

Thankfully, you're almost there. My sister's doctor just told her today that if she goes into labor anytime after 35 weeks (which happens this Saturday for her), they won't do anything to stop it. Scary, scary!!

Purple_cat March 5th, 2013 08:36 AM

Sorry to hear about the Pre-E and that you are back on bed rest. :( It is great to hear how well your baby is doing though and that he is already in such a great position! Hopefully that means that your induction will go well. It is amazing to think that in a little over a week you will be holding your little boy!

*Anya* March 5th, 2013 08:43 AM

PreE is definitely nothing to mess around with, glad your doctor is on top of it. Hugs, will be thinking of you and your baby and hoping for a smooth induction and delivery.

MsRK March 5th, 2013 08:44 AM

Thank you everyone for all of the well wishes.. It makes me feel so much better especially to hear stories about babies born at 37 weeks and being fine. I am thrilled that my baby will be here so soon. I can't worry about what could have been and just try to keep calm and roll with it at this point.

I put the last few items into my suitcase and put my ebay store on vacation so I'm all shut down business wise now until after the baby is here for a month, then I will play it by ear of when to start up again. What a difference a day makes.... :)

Atank03 March 5th, 2013 08:49 AM

sorry to hear that but I had dd#2 at 37 and half weeks and she was 6lbs 13oz and perfectly fine, she needed nothing at all, she was perfect!!

anjawb March 5th, 2013 08:53 AM

I know all that news can seem overwhelming, but think of the positives! THEY CAUGHT THE PRE-E EARLY!!!!! 37 weeks is so close to the end that your little boy is going to be absolutely fine!!! Next week you are going to have that baby in your arms and a great big smile on your face!!!!

melshaz@earthlnk.net March 5th, 2013 09:02 AM

Lots of good and positive mixed with that bad. I know it's rough but just think how you will get to see your son in a week! You may be the first in our DDC! I hope all goes well for you, it sounds like it will. Keep us posted and we will keep you and your little one in our thoughts and prayers.

kimberley March 5th, 2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anjawb (Post 27163489)
I know all that news can seem overwhelming, but think of the positives! THEY CAUGHT THE PRE-E EARLY!!!!! 37 weeks is so close to the end that your little boy is going to be absolutely fine!!! Next week you are going to have that baby in your arms and a great big smile on your face!!!!

Ditto!

That baby is going to be perfect, just like the doc said.

Here's hoping for a smooth delivery! Put those feet up and enjoy your week!

Good thing you are super prepared!

CrochetingMama March 5th, 2013 10:52 AM

I'm glad you have such diligent doctors and I echo what everyone else said. Baby will be FINE!

kazarmo March 5th, 2013 11:00 AM

Well I can give you my story but just know that labor was not easy on myself and my 1st daughter which is why I think we ended up with complications.

The bad: My water broke with my 1st daughter at 37 weeks and maybe a couple days. My labor was horrific, baby's heartrate was constantly dropping, pain meds didn't work etc etc. Finally they had to take her by emergency c-section because of lack of heartrate or very low heart rate. I was so out of it I can't remember. I ended up getting very sick during labor, with fever and everything. dd1 was very sick as well. born with a high fever and not breathing. She spent 2 weeks in the NICU.

and now the good part: She is now a very very healthy, vibrant, tested above genius level for IQ, smart butt teenager who I wouldnt' change a thing about.

I know it's hard to go through this and to know that they are taking your baby early and that's the last thing you wanted, but they are looking out for your's and baby's best interest. I'll be thinking of you momma.

AngieLMG March 5th, 2013 11:06 AM

I'm sorry you have pre-e, it is so hard to hear that things won't be happening on your terms. This happened to me with my last pregnancy, but I walked in to my appointment was told I was having a baby THAT DAY! There were a lot of tears involved... Enjoy your last week of pregnancy. Use it to mentally prepare yourself, enjoy your husband and your last days as a twosome, and prepare your body for labor. Are you trying for a natural birth? I was, and my doctor agreed to induce labor just by breaking my water--no meds. If that's the route you want to go down, there are many things you can do to get your body ready and have the birth you want. Just wanted to throw that out there so you know. :) Either way, hang in there! We are all rooting for you!

mommywannabe March 5th, 2013 11:09 AM

My son was born at 37 1/2 weeks any weighed 6lbs 8oz, perfectly healthy!! Keep your head (and your feet) up and start letting yourself dream about how perfect your little boy will be when he gets here. ;)

LeedaRenee March 5th, 2013 11:49 AM

37 weeks is considered full term. There are some cases where some 37 weekers will have respiratory issues but the slight chance of that happening is preferable to the problems that pre-e can bring. It's ok, *hugs*